my post was deleted without reason - sorry didn't know where else to post this

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

I made two bug posts recently. One was moved to ideas instead of a bug (arguable, as the current system doesn't work properly, hence bug) and another was deleted without explanation. It's not nice to just delete someone's post as I was not rude at all in the post and expressed a legitimate point. This feels like the post is being hidden by the developers so others don't see it. Not sure why this was done as no reason was given, and it wasn't right to delete it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: my post was deleted without reason - sorry didn't know where else to post this

Post by Rseding91 »

I looked at the admin logs on the forums and you haven't had a post interacted with by an admin since April of 2019. The last action done related to deleting one of your posts was by you where you deleted your own post.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: my post was deleted without reason - sorry didn't know where else to post this

Post by posila »

I moved this from Bug Reports to This Forum, and in the admin log it's just "Moved topic » from Bug Reports to This Forum", the move of topic is not really searchable. Neither are topic merges. But deletes are.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I do see when I look at your posts one of the moderators merged a topic you just made into an existing topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28954&p=462650#p462686 and mentions why he did it.

gabberworld
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gabberworld »

i know what you feel

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 pm
I do see when I look at your posts one of the moderators merged a topic you just made into an existing topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28954&p=462650#p462686 and mentions why he did it.
It's strange because this didn't show up anywhere. When I clicked on the bookmark to my post, it said it was not there and it still says that. I checked my post history and it wasn't there either or it wasn't obvious. Not sure how I was supposed to easily know it was merged into another post as the URL to it said it didn't exist and it wasn't possible to find easily by looking at my post history. If you can explain how this information is made obvious in the future that would be great. Besides that, thanks for the answer and pointing me to what happened. Also please implement the feature I requested :) thanks.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I just went to your profile, clicked "Search user’s posts" and it showed it: search.php?author_id=7715&sr=posts

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I always add a comment when I merge topics, hoping people get a notification. There's not much more I can do to help people be aware, sorry.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Thanks for the help. I guess I just missed it then.

Return to “This Forum”