[0.17.69] Cant connect to many servers

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Tacker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.69] Cant connect to many servers

Post by Tacker »

Hi.
I'm having a little issue. My friend has a factorio server, hosted on a dedicated server somewhere in a datacenter. Both of my friends can join on the server, I cant.

Thats my client log when I try to join to the server:

Code: Select all

43.039 Joining game IP ADDR:({xxxx:34197})

43.040 Info UDPSocket.cpp:33: Opening socket

43.040 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:592: UpdateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Ready) to(Connecting)

53.050 Error ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:101: MultiplayerManager failed: multiplayer.not-received-connection-accept-reply

53.050 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:592: UpdateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Connecting) to(InitializationFailed)

54.501 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:207: Quitting multiplayer connection.

54.501 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:592: UpdateTick(4294967295) changing state from(InitializationFailed) to(Disconnected)
Nothing appears in the console of the server.

We tried to make the server public. I can download the mods, but I dont get a ping and also cant connect to the server.
Also I dont get a ping from many other servers of the serverlist..

We tried every trick in the book, from Windows Firewall, to AV, and in the end ended up analyzing wireshark logs. Still nothing.

Some help pls :)

esheep
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.69] Cant connect to many servers

Post by esheep »

Greetings, Tacker. It seems you have the same problem I have with joining specific multiplayer servers. Same symptoms: no ping in server list, server does not see a join attempt, local game tries to sync mods, others can join the server but you can't. See thread here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=76314

Tell me, do you have the standalone or Steam version of the game?

Tacker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tacker »

I have the steam version!

esheep
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by esheep »

So if we are talking about a dedicated host server, that's got to be the standalone version, i.e. non-Steam. Obviously the Steam and Standalone versions should be identical, but that the is the only thing I can figure that is causing this multiplayer issue.

If I'm wrong, I would love to be corrected by a more knowledgeable member of the community. I would very much like to play this game with my friends, but since 0.17.xx, we have been unable to connect.

Tacker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tacker »

Everyone of us got the steam version.

We temporarily fixed it with a VPN direct to the server.
We know now that my router is blocking nearly every UDP port outgoing. Portforwarding and stuff is not working.

Return to “Technical Help”