[MOD 1.0+] Larger Lamps

Topics and discussion about specific mods
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Deadlock's Larger Lamps

Post by steinio »

I thought the config allows to specify excluded entities: https://github.com/Suprcheese/Squeak-Th ... config.lua

Disadvantage is, that the Squeak Through mod needs a new release after each change.

Just courious if the Picker tools, which provide a similiar option, are not affecting your lamps.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

steinio wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:03 pm
I thought the config allows to specify excluded entities: https://github.com/Suprcheese/Squeak-Th ... config.lua

Disadvantage is, that the Squeak Through mod needs a new release after each change.
Yes, and I would have to pester them to update their list every time I add an entity, and then get them to change it again if I ever needed to change my entities' names. I have another mod in the works which adds about 30 new entities, some of them with pipe connections which ST is also notorious for shafting. So that's not happening. They could add a remote interface or just look for an opt-in flag in the entity prototype but they haven't.
Just courious if the Picker tools, which provide a similiar option, are not affecting your lamps.
I don't know. ST tries to shrink all collision boxes of all entities not on its blacklist, regardless of whether or not they are already smaller than the threshold required for a player character to move between, and regardless of whether or not the new collision box makes the sprites overlap stupidly. If Picker takes that entirely indiscriminate approach as well, then yes, it would, but I doubt it does, because that would piss people off. I can't vet every mod on the portal, especially not for an incredibly small and simple mod like this one which was supposed to be near-zero maintenance effort.

Stargateur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stargateur »

Added on a already running game, I can craft copper 2x2 lamp but not electric one.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Stargateur wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:28 am
Added on a already running game, I can craft copper 2x2 lamp but not electric one.
Fixed for next version, which won't be released until 0.17.70 is out.

Stargateur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stargateur »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:34 am
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:28 am
Fixed for next version, which won't be released until 0.17.70 is out.
I'm not sure of the release process of factorio, is not the 0.17.69 considered as the stable and so we won't have new 0.17.z version soon ? Anyway, I don't really see why you wait for a new version, will wait for it so, thank you.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:53 am
I'm not sure of the release process of factorio, is not the 0.17.69 considered as the stable and so we won't have new 0.17.z version soon ? Anyway, I don't really see why you wait for a new version, will wait for it so, thank you.
Experimental releases in the past have usually slowed down after the first stable release, but they still happen. 0.16 had more than one stable release if I remember correctly. 0.17/0.18 are going to run a bit differently to previous versions, see FFF #314.

I am waiting for 0.17.70 because there is a new feature in it which will let me address another more important flaw in DLL, to do with large lamp glows not being rendered nicely when the lamps are just off the edge of the screen.

In the meantime you can enable the large lamp if you installed the mod after researching Optics with the following console command:

Code: Select all

/c game.forces["player"].recipes["deadlock-large-lamp"].enabled = true

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Squeak Through was updated with the requested functionality.
viewtopic.php?p=461453#p461453

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

YunoAloe wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:29 pm
Squeak Through was updated with the requested functionality.
viewtopic.php?p=461453#p461453
Not really. I still have to do extra work to stop ST screwing up my entities - and for some reason it gives players the option to simply turn off the results of that extra work in a setting (why??). What I requested was that ST only modifies vanilla entities and entities from mods which consciously opt-in.

However I will remove the incompatible flag in DLL in the next version.

xARCHONx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xARCHONx »

Can you please submit an update for this mod for 0.18?
The mod updater in-game says its not compatible due to dependency being 0.17.69

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

xARCHONx wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:49 pm
Can you please submit an update for this mod for 0.18?
The mod updater in-game says its not compatible due to dependency being 0.17.69
The mod was fully updated for 0.18, but because the mod portal version is marked as deprecated, Factorio won't detect the 0.18 version as an update. You can update it manually and it should still work in 1.0 as far as I know.

The mod has a GNU GPLv3 license so anyone is free to take over the mod and upload updated versions as long as they stick with the same license. Alternatively if you want the current mod transferred to you, ask here on this thread.

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Splicer9 »

Wasn't sure where to post this, and perhaps it will even be fixed in 1.1 this week but maybe not.
I've noticed this problem for a long time but at a particular zoom level and certain distance away from lights just out of line of sight of the actual lamp, it suddenly gets brighter. Example in bottom right corner: https://prnt.sc/vl3lfs
Edit: To explain further, if I change the zoom in that image just one notch, the lamp goes to normal brightness: https://prnt.sc/vl3ok6

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Splicer9 wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:40 pm
Wasn't sure where to post this, and perhaps it will even be fixed in 1.1 this week but maybe not.
I've noticed this problem for a long time but at a particular zoom level and certain distance away from lights just out of line of sight of the actual lamp, it suddenly gets brighter. Example in bottom right corner: https://prnt.sc/vl3lfs
Edit: To explain further, if I change the zoom in that image just one notch, the lamp goes to normal brightness: https://prnt.sc/vl3ok6
This sounds like one of several similar old bugs that have been fixed and reappeared and fixed and reappeared. I think it is again fixed again for 1.1.

There will be a minor update for Larger Lamps for 1.1 as well since no-one else took it on, nothing very exciting though, just a bit of polish.

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0+] Larger Lamps

Post by Splicer9 »

Thanks for the quick reply and information! Looking forward to the cool lighting update in 1.1. Thanks for all your hard work on all of the mods you have contributed to the community, I am enjoying IR very much and also look forward to its (hopeful) 1.1 update, despite all the naysayers. :)

husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Post by husky777 »

Hi! First of all: I really like your mods!

I couldn't find a place to post a suggestion, so I'm writing here. There are mods that add glass, such as AAI Industry. Have you thought about adding integration in the form of a recipe change for glass?

For example in AAI the lantern recipe is:
1 - glass
1 - iron plate
4 - copper cables

You could do the same for the big lamp, multiplied by two or something.
This text is written in broken English
greetings from the Russian Federation

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

husky777 wrote: ↑
Sat May 14, 2022 12:01 pm
Have you thought about adding integration in the form of a recipe change for glass?
I prefer it when the material-providing mod is responsible for the integration. For example IR2 added glass to lamp recipes (both this mod's and vanilla's small lamps).

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Mon May 16, 2022 3:59 pm
husky777 wrote: ↑
Sat May 14, 2022 12:01 pm
Have you thought about adding integration in the form of a recipe change for glass?
I prefer it when the material-providing mod is responsible for the integration. For example IR2 added glass to lamp recipes (both this mod's and vanilla's small lamps).
Agreed - I'll submit a change to AAI for this (love the larger lamps btw!)
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to β€œMods”