Share your train gifs / videos

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Share your train gifs / videos

Post by eduran »

I really enjoy watching trains zip around in map view. Anyone willing to share gifs/videos of that? Below are 3:30 minutes of my trains doing some heavy-lifting (at 7x speed, so the gif is only 30s long).
hypnotic_trains.gif
hypnotic_trains.gif (3.81 MiB) Viewed 2977 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Share your train gifs / videos

Post by mmmPI »

I am trying hard to make one that looks as hypnotic, i have only manage to produce 110MB monsters or they are 0:05 long , or the size of a stamp, or look do not look as fluid can you help with the settings you used ?

I have played with DPI, size , number of image and delay yet , am i missing a thing ?

Edit, here my best attempt that is 25MB, I can't get as nice colors as yours when i use only 8 of them, and it really seems to make the difference in size file there are 460 of them for 28 seconds, maybe because of the train speed difference on my congested network it doesn't look good when i try to halve the number of image even further.
I had to use a command to get rid of all radars of the map and empty some chest , launch rockets, fabricate modules, an tried to empty some buffer to artificially increase the traffic, to make it look like that, sadly not all trains are moving are some areas are not designed to be used a lot and i forget about them.
Pic

Synchrose
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Share your train gifs / videos

Post by Synchrose »

Oh wow. I have two trains on my network and they're only semi-automatic as I keep having issues with signal hold-ups.

Return to “Railway Setups”