fetches popcorn, leans back.

Stimpatch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.69

Post by Stimpatch »

Hiladdar wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 pm
My recommendation is get a PC. No more nanny rules from ....

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I'm warning everybody here : this thread will NOT derail into PC/Mac/whatever trollwar. My almighty scissors are not far away.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 pm
posila wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:41 pm
brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:21 pm
Will we get a announcement when Factorio will run under Catalina?
I'll try to find out if there is ETA tomorrow.
Thank You indeed. Mac user are a diehard Factorio fanboys as the platform doesn’t offer a broad collection of quality games. Actually not really any aside Factorio...
So the information I got is that we will make release sometime next week to address this issue.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Hiladdar wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 pm
Although, as a company [Apple has] invented and innovated a lot of great technology, such as the mouse and personal computer graphical user interface
The credit for both of those actually goes to the Stanford Research Institute International company in the 1960's, then to Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in the 1970's, and only then to Apple in the 1980's (involving a lot of the same people though... but none of the Apple founders).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... velopments

Apple is mostly great at making popular already invented technologies (by, among other things, mercilessly cutting anything not deemed important to the design).
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:07 am
Apple is mostly great at making popular already invented technologies (by, among other things, mercilessly cutting anything not deemed important to the design).
To be fair, if you don't know what to do with what you've got, what's the point?

Xerox had no fucking clue. Jobs knew what he was looking at and what to do with it. Bill Gates flat-out lied about his inspiration, he laughed at mice and GUIs the same way Ballmer laughed at the iPhone. He wasn't inspired by the quality of what he saw at Xerox, he just coveted the success of Apple's implementation.

Return to “Releases”