[Idea] Planning facility

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ducktype
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Idea] Planning facility

Post by ducktype »

Hey everybody,

I guess a many players have a savegame named "Sandbox" which has cheats and maybe creative mod enabled, dedicated to create blueprints for the "real world" savegame.

It would be great to be able to craft a building which can be entered (like factorio or subterra) which ports the player to a new, endless factory floor surface with cheat mode enabled (but no inventory transfer, only blueprints). Maybe with creative mod integration as well. When the planning surface is too full, one could just place another planning facility for a new surface.

As mod options or additional research options I can imagine:
* Stop time in Nauvis while blueprinting
* Copy Nauvis surface to plan with the actual obstacles
* Blueprint deployment to Nauvis (with a reserved area in Nauvis which gets fully replaced on deployment; only place blueprint, no entity placement)

What do you think about this? Unfortunately I can not create a mod like this myself, maybe someone likes it and picks ich up :)

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Idea] Planning facility

Post by slippycheeze »

FWIW, tested, and function correctly. I had the same desire for in-world blueprint hacking, and Credomane worked fine. Presumably Bud17 update does too.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

There is now also PersistantBlueprints which takes this one step further.

Not only can you plan your facility and then blueprint it but the prototype remains and can be edited later. Changes made to the prototype then show up in all the copies you placed (using ghosts and deconstruction plans). So for example you only have to change the prototype of your smelter design and all your smelter will change along with it.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

That is a nice one mrvn.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”