Version 0.17.69 - Stable 1

Information about releases and roadmap.
Kromignon67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.69

Post by Kromignon67 »

Hello everybody.
Why so much aggression? It is so much more rewarding to be happy and to let it know.
A thousand thanks to all this team for making me addicted.
(My wife tends to curse you. :mrgreen: )
Writing in English is difficult for me. Forgive me for using g-translate.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Kromignon67 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:31 am
Hello everybody.
Why so much aggression? It is so much more rewarding to be happy and to let it know.
A thousand thanks to all this team for making me addicted.
(My wife tends to curse you. :mrgreen: )
I totally understand and agree - my wife calls the computer my mistress :D

Also - what aggression are you taking about ? Only one person mentioned here doesn't like the new UI and going back to ksp :P his loss, I don't understand his problem with the UI is actually better then what was before and I've played this game since 0.10
Last edited by jockeril on Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Kromignon67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kromignon67 »

Hello.
Maybe it comes from my deep ignorance of English, but for two years that I have been (discreetly) this forum, I noticed (too) frequently remarks that would have hurt me if they had been intended.
In fact, I find it hard to understand that we can just tell people as passionate as our favorite madmen :oops: that work is badly done.
That's what I felt when I read the message before mine, which was when I read it the straw that broke the camel's back.
But this is only a personal epidermal reaction, partially reflecting my extreme tolerance towards people who bring me happiness.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Kromignon67 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:42 am
for two years that I have been (discreetly) this forum, I noticed (too) frequently remarks that would have hurt me if they had been intended.
Welcome to the Internet, where anonymity sometimes brings the worst from people. :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Kromignon67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kromignon67 »

In a Czech family :mrgreen: , a 5-year-old has never said a word.
This Sunday, the little guy announces loud and clear "chleb".
-Mom: "But you speak!"
-Boy: "Of course"
-Mom: "But why have not you ever said a word?"
-Boy: "Because until now everything was perfect!"

:roll: :P

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Koub wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am
Kromignon67 wrote:
for two years that I have been (discreetly) this forum, I noticed (too) frequently remarks that would have hurt me if they had been intended.
Welcome to the Internet, where anonymity sometimes brings the worst from people. :mrgreen:
Calm down. Calling an immaterial thing like a GUI "jacked up" is hardly aggressive or even rude. It's just an opinion.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Koub wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 am
...and luckily the vast majority of people are calm and polite. I still experience the cyberspace as beeing way more friendly than the meatspace.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Kromignon67 wrote:
Hello.
Maybe it comes from my deep ignorance of English, but for two years that I have been (discreetly) this forum, I noticed (too) frequently remarks that would have hurt me if they had been intended.
In fact, I find it hard to understand that we can just tell people as passionate as our favorite madmen :oops: that work is badly done.
That's what I felt when I read the message before mine, which was when I read it the straw that broke the camel's back.
But this is only a personal epidermal reaction, partially reflecting my extreme tolerance towards people who bring me happiness.
I don't understand what in my reply is that offending to you - maybe it's the grammar mistakes that were there - I fixed those - could you please translate this to you're language are let me know if it still offends you ?

That was not my intent - I was actually agreeing with you and mentioning that I didn't see much aggression in this post but one. Anyway, this is how people are here - vary passionate about the game - I don't see that as a negative thing, but you are entitled to your own opinion

edit: fixed some grammar mistakesin this post as well
Last edited by jockeril on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I think all this discussion is about what happened before this thread, which is indeed very calm and polite. When the discussion gets heated, things are written that would never have been said face to face with one's interlocutors. As Oktololo says, it's still a very small minority, so that's bearable.
Now we're all happy this is a thing from the past. And it's perfectly OK to dislike a new feature up to the point the game is not fun any more.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Kromignon67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kromignon67 »

jockeril, you was never my target.
I'm sorry you took it for you. I was not targeting anyone in particular. Even though ...!
Accept my apologies.
For me, subject closed.

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

Kromignon67 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:33 am
In a Czech family :mrgreen: , a 5-year-old has never said a word.
This Sunday, the little guy announces loud and clear "chleb".
-Mom: "But you speak!"
-Boy: "Of course"
-Mom: "But why have not you ever said a word?"
-Boy: "Because until now everything was perfect!"

:roll: :P
hah, this.
a couple of years ago i've been called a sort of "negative Nancy" in a facebook group, because i was "always" criticising what was posted there.
this person utterly failed to recognize that easily 90% of the time i was perfectly fine with what was proposed, but i simply didn't want to waste my time to brown-nose the posting person, so i just left a 'like' and moved on. i commented only when it deserved a comment, i.e. when i had to express why something was a bad idea.

when you approve of something writing "i like it" instead of giving some sort of 'like'/'thumbs up' is a waste of time to write, a waste of transferred data, a waste of space of the server's database, a waste of space on everyone's screens, and a waste of time to scroll through.
on the other hand when you disapprove of something, sticking to some sort of 'dislike'/'thumbs down' is a sign that while you don't like it, you can't really tell why, and you have no idea how to make it better.

somehow people often do those the other way around.
but in case of people who don't, that's one of the reasons why you see so much "negativity" on the internet.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Shingen wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:36 pm
somehow people often do those the other way around.
but in case of people who don't, that's one of the reasons why you see so much "negativity" on the internet.
Not really limited to the internet. If something works fine then why bother telling everybody. Imagine everybody entering a bus told the driver what a great job they did. Now imagine you *are* the driver and have to listen to it 10000 times a day.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Is Factorio 64 ready, will it run under Catalina on Mac?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Is Factorio 64 ready, will it run under Catalina on Mac?
Unless you somehow disable or bypass Gatekeeper and notarization checks, 0.17.69 (nor any previous version) won't run on macOS Catalina at the moment.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

So, what shall I, eg. all Mac user do now?
What is the timeframe until Factorio is Catalina ready ?
I consider getting drunk 7/24 until money runs out- alternative move for time being in a treehut in the Amazonas Delta.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:06 pm
Do nothing. As in, don't update to Catalina. Alternatively, while we sort it out, you can pass time by writing complaints to Apple about closing their platform and making software that you want use not run :)

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

posila wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:19 pm
brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:06 pm
Do nothing. As in, don't update to Catalina.
Will we get a announcement when Factorio will run under Catalina?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:21 pm
I'll try to find out if there is ETA tomorrow.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

posila wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:41 pm
brunzenstein wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:21 pm
I'll try to find out if there is ETA tomorrow.
Thank You indeed. Mac user are a diehard Factorio fanboys as the platform doesn’t offer a broad collection of quality games. Actually not really any aside Factorio...

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

My recommendation is get a PC. No more nanny rules from the manufacturer about what you can or can not load on it; and you can get a screw driver open the case and replace or fix components, spending way less then trying to fix an electronic device with an Apple logo, at an licensed business.

Apple, has always, at least since the mid 80's, had a close architecture for their hardware and software. Although, as a company they have invented and innovated a lot of great technology, such as the mouse and personal computer graphical user interface, their corporate policy of a a closed architecture of their devices and operating systems, greatly inhibited and still does their growth, and user friendliness of their devices. In this case I define user friendliness as ability to install and execute software, or replace components, and not day to day use of the device.

As proof take a look at history, of personal computers. Over time, as the TRS-80, Amiga, and Commodore well to the way side, customers were left two major contenders, Apple and IBM. Apple computers could not be upgraded, and had to be replace. IBM computers could be upgraded and fixed by the user. More-so, while Apple had a monopoly on their hardware and operating system and they did make a great profit, but at the expanse of market share. IBM published the specs, and within a short time there was a hundreds if not thousands of third party manufactured components for the personal computer, as well as clones, each better then the previous version. Over time, software developers saw the trend, first developed software computers based of the IBM architecture, and then time and money permitting re-compiled for the Apple.

Hiladdar

Return to “Releases”