Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

ralper wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:03 pm
I am using all 8 mods of pyanodon. How do you turn petri dishes (py alien life) into incubated petri dishes?

edit:also i need the duralumin (py raw ores) to build the moss farm (py alien life) to create research, and duralumin need to be researched itself.
This mod isnt released yet, you´re playing with unfinished files you got from somewhere.This mod didnt even entered into alpha phase. So, no help will be provided and lots of incompatibilities will happens. Im very upset with that, so consider the development of this mod stopped until i feels ok to go on again.

Also..what 8 mods? I dont have 8 mods.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Maybe PyFunctional and KingArthurs HighTech addon.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

ralper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ralper »

pyanodon wrote:
ralper wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:03 pm
I am using all 8 mods of pyanodon. How do you turn petri dishes (py alien life) into incubated petri dishes?

edit:also i need the duralumin (py raw ores) to build the moss farm (py alien life) to create research, and duralumin need to be researched itself.
This mod isnt released yet, you´re playing with unfinished files you got from somewhere.This mod didnt even entered into alpha phase. So, no help will be provided and lots of incompatibilities will happens. Im very upset with that, so consider the development of this mod stopped until i feels ok to go on again.

Mods:
pyalienlife
pyaliens
pycoalprocessing
pyfusionenergy
pyhightech
pyindustry
pypetroleumhandling
pyrawores

Source:
https://github.com/pyanodon

Ok, I thought these versions were also functional. I will play only the stable versions from now one. Tnx for the help : )

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

pyanodon wrote:
What's that morning bad news ? :|

OK I understand the frustration, we'll wait you enjoy working on this again. I'm curious how this could have happened still.

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

DarkyPupu wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:52 am

OK I understand the frustration, we'll wait you enjoy working on this again. I'm curious how this could have happened still.
The GitHub repositories were public, so anyone could view and download the files of any commit in the repository at any time. Such is GitHub. It's been nice to be able to watch development as it happens, but it seems to have led to this issue where someone thought AL was finished, downloaded the repo, then complained that something wasn't working. The AL repo is no longer visible this morning, so it's either been removed completely or set to private.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

otakushowboat wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:00 pm
DarkyPupu wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:52 am

The GitHub repositories were public, so anyone could view and download the files of any commit in the repository at any time. Such is GitHub. It's been nice to be able to watch development as it happens, but it seems to have led to this issue where someone thought AL was finished, downloaded the repo, then complained that something wasn't working. The AL repo is no longer visible this morning, so it's either been removed completely or set to private.
But is it ralper's fault that the repo was public?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Surely it wasn't his fault. But I understand Py frustration about this, there's so much work involved and he likes to provides information under control on what's going to happen, so this kind of leak cannot be taken as a good news.

This said, i would find it very sad to have this mod or any other being suspended, but ultimately it's his choice. From my point of view, it's kind of encouraging that so much people want to play with Py mods, would be worse if nobody would care about them.

Maybe time to cheer him up showing our support ? :D

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DarkyPupu wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:16 am
Surely it wasn't his fault. But I understand Py frustration about this, there's so much work involved and he likes to provides information under control on what's going to happen, so this kind of leak cannot be taken as a good news.

This said, i would find it very sad to have this mod or any other being suspended, but ultimately it's his choice. From my point of view, it's kind of encouraging that so much people want to play with Py mods, would be worse if nobody would care about them.

Maybe time to cheer him up showing our support ? :D
its no different than a construction site. its being worked on and we dont need people poking around in the files when its not even finished.

theres no good reason to be using the github copy's of any of pymods in the first place. anything not release isn't meant to be used by the public for any number of reasons not least of which is its probably full of issues at the moment as its not done.

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

I may not agree on this statement, git public repositories are by essence public, and without proper disclaimer it's hard to blame anyone using it. I don't know if there was such disclaimer or not, and i'm not here to judge if one was right or wrong anyway. To be honnest i understand both: Py being furious about this, and people who may have downloaded the mods either knowing, either ignoring Py intentions. I just feel kinda bad for all at the moment, actually.

P.S. On a construction site you have (usually) closed fences or limits around them :) but i see your point ;)

onk140
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by onk140 »

and silence :cry:

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

onk140 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 am
busy doing stuff

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

onk140 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 am
There have been plenty of updates, just not in this thread. The most recent information is primarily coming as update posts on Pyanodon's Patreon page. He's also shared a few images to the PyMods Community discord server.

onk140
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by onk140 »

for ordinary people there will be news? :roll:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

onk140 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:11 am
eventually
pY Coal processing mod

cellular
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cellular »

onk140 wrote:
Plenty of ordinary people are getting news! We're just ordinary people who are paying $3 per month to support development. ;)

onk140
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by onk140 »

cellular wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:26 pm
onk140 wrote:
Plenty of ordinary people are getting news! We're just ordinary people who are paying $3 per month to support development. ;)

in different countries 3 dollars are different amounts :cry:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Empty enclosure for a non-animal creature.
pY Coal processing mod

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

What, like a giant venus flytrap ? A triffid ? :lol:
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Empty enclosure for a non-animal creature.
Whoa whats with the anarchy spraypaint? Is our engineer having a bit of an anti-industrial complex all of a sudden?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

No, its teenage biters, obviously! :lol:
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “PyMods”