[wheybags] Demo breaks if you research everything too soon?

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
buckwillis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[wheybags] Demo breaks if you research everything too soon?

Post by buckwillis »

Hello! i'm super new to this game, just picked up the demo to give it a go before I buy it. I've been having a lot of fun the last few hours but I think I managed to get stuck. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it feels like my progression is blocked.

I'm on one of the early objectives of the demo, right after I have to abandon the crash site and flee to another area to re-build. My objectives are to consume science packs / min as well as firearm magazines. Then destroy a Biter spawner.

I ended up playing for a bit too long and exhausted everything there was to research, thinking i was not strong enough to kill the spawner (i dont think i am - i cheesed it by building turrets near it).

So now I have completed all the objectives except "consume science packs per minute" I don't have any more things to research, is there any way to continue or have I broken this in some way?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Demo breaks if you research everything too soon?

Post by Loewchen »

The campaign should end with infinite research available, which you might not get to because you failed the current objective... Post your save please.

x4vn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by x4vn »

This also happened to my partner (save attached).

All research complete but still need to 'burn' science packs...
Attachments
ISSUE.zip
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 144 times

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by wheybags »

Thanks for the report. Actually, the quest will work just fine, so you can continue playing if you've been holding off. The game will detect that you have finished all the researches, and allow you to continue. There is a visual bug however, in that it shows the quest stage as incomplete. The next version of the game has this fixed, so if you research everything the objective will go green.

ninjaj03
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [wheybags] Demo breaks if you research everything too soon?

Post by ninjaj03 »

I just purchased and started playing Factorio .17.79 and I seem to have run into the same problem as the others above. At one point after setting up my second base and defending it from the bug adversaries one of the objectives states "Consume Science packs per minute 0/12". There does not seem to be any obvious way to do this. All research topics under the T window that I could research in order the consume 12 packs per minute cannot be started; a rollover message appears when hovering over the Start Research button that says "Technology is Unavailable". Perhaps there is some other machine in the game that "consumes" science packs that I have not found yet, or something else I need to do to allow further research, but as I said it's not immediately obvious.
Attachments
Training Buggy What.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 111 times

Un0Du0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Un0Du0 »

I have the same issue when playing the tutorial.
Attachments
Bugged Tutorial.zip
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

stratt76
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by stratt76 »

Build 6 Labs and (power them and) stock them with some red juice. once they're all loaded up start your research at the same time that you fabricate the 50 firearm magazines. you have to do them both at the same time along with the other mission requirements and you'll get past that stage of the beginner campaign. Cheers!

XTF
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by XTF »

stratt76 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:27 am
once they're all loaded up start your research
Problem is, there's no more undiscovered research.

Update:
Actually there was.. the difference between researched and unresearched but discovered tech in the tech overview isn't really clear to me.
Attachments
Stuck.zip
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 115 times

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”