Desync Error

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Desync Error

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

We updated all mods and factorio from 17.58 to 17.66. If someone wants to join to the server their comes after between 1 second and 10 seconds an desync error. We diasbled all other mods except py-mods and their is still this desync. What do you need to check this out? We tested to enable one mod by one and Py-Industries is the one, where the desync is coming.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Desync Error

Post by kingarthur »

is it a new map or one with a bit of progress?

log files from the server and the desync player might help if it gives any clues as to what is causing it. im only really where of one thing in pyindustries that could cause the error. ill make a edited zip asap( like 1hr or less from this posting) and post it here for you to try

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

It´s a map with progress (ca. 2k buildings, 2k mines, 6k inserter...)
If we downgrade to following versions there is no error:
pycoalprocessing_1.3.4
pyfusionenergy_1.2.6
pyhightech_1.2.6
pyindustry_1.2.9
pypetroleumhandling_1.2.5
pyrawores_1.5.1

- where are the logfiles?
- is it allowed to avoid gases in tailings pond? Cause we do this ^^

edit: but if we downgrade there are so many recipes in the craft tab missing. They exist, they are placeable and craftable, but we can´t handcraft it because the icon is not there. Yellow Belts are missing, but red and blue belts are there. Very strange.
Last edited by Firemonkey1412 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 am
It´s a map with progress (ca. 2k buildings, 2k mines, 6k inserter...)
If we downgrade to following versions there is no error:
pycoalprocessing_1.3.4
pyfusionenergy_1.2.6
pyhightech_1.2.6
pyindustry_1.2.9
pypetroleumhandling_1.2.5
pyrawores_1.5.1

- where are the logfiles?
- is it allowed to avoid gases in tailings pond? Cause we do this ^^
Yes you can void gas. Log files are in local appdata folder on windows.

If you leave pyindustry on 1.2.9 and update the rest of the mods does that error still appear? As is none of those are a current version and that leads me to believe the issue is in a different mod.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

I had a similar desync problem with every one of my multiplayer maps after updating version numbers included in your range. I suggest you try the thing that fixed all of mine:

download the map to your desktop
open it on your singleplayer game
resave it in a new file
upload new file to server
load game from new file for multiplayer

This worked in every case, for me. In fact, this is an important tool in the factorio serveradmin toolkit. This process has fixed many errors over the years, for me.

I believe this has something to do with a change in the fluid system for the fluidbox_index recipe prototype update. They fixed some desyncs related to this, but I confirmed after those fixes that I still had this problem. But like I said, this fix fixed it for me. Good luck!

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

hmm. We don´t have a dedicated Server. We are two persons and one of us hosts the last save game. But we did try it and it didn´t work too.
Cause the old pyanodon versions worked for us we only updated Helmod now. And the same: desync after a few seconds. Why we have desync if we update some mods?

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

So we tried to update now again. If we update Factorio and all mods other then Pys, it works well. If we update Pyanodons Mods there is every time a desync if my mate tries to join. The logfiles are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl1ww1bt3jtig ... 4.zip?dl=0
We can start a new game and he is able to join, but not with our save game.

Edit: There is a strange error line in this desync-report, cause a custom map file was in his mod folder. We matched our mod folders and this is the new clean desync report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o22095gesm48 ... 0.zip?dl=0

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:24 pm
So we tried to update now again. If we update Factorio and all mods other then Pys, it works well. If we update Pyanodons Mods there is every time a desync if my mate tries to join. The logfiles are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl1ww1bt3jtig ... 4.zip?dl=0
We can start a new game and he is able to join, but not with our save game.

Edit: There is a strange error line in this desync-report, cause a custom map file was in his mod folder. We matched our mod folders and this is the new clean desync report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o22095gesm48 ... 0.zip?dl=0
do you have any tailing ponds in that map? if you do try deleting them all and see if it stops desyncing. if it does then its related to another desync report we got that looks to be caused by the tailing pond.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

try this copy to see if it fixes the issue. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yrWxJ ... IOQcF_JYQg

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Thx for the help, we will try it. Is there a command to delete all tailing ponds? It´s a big map, so it would be much easier not to search all.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:51 am
Thx for the help, we will try it. Is there a command to delete all tailing ponds? It´s a big map, so it would be much easier not to search all.
not specificly no. i could figure one out if needed but try that fix first and see if its good as a few other reported desyncs and that update fixed it for them

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

With your file this error appearsr in SP and MP.

Error while running event pycoalprocessing::on_nth_tick(30)
__pycoalprocessing__/scripts/tailings-pond.lua:181: attempt to index local 'Tiles' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__pycoalprocessing__/scripts/tailings-pond.lua:181: in function 'handler'
__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:315: in function 'pcall'
__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:335: in function 'dispatch_event'
__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:413: in function <__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:369>

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:54 am
With your file this error appearsr in SP and MP.

Error while running event pycoalprocessing::on_nth_tick(30)
__pycoalprocessing__/scripts/tailings-pond.lua:181: attempt to index local 'Tiles' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__pycoalprocessing__/scripts/tailings-pond.lua:181: in function 'handler'
__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:315: in function 'pcall'
__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:335: in function 'dispatch_event'
__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:413: in function <__stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:369>
wtf. that line is literally a check to see if its nil. it shouldn't break if it is. ill look into later today. i assume this happens when you try to load your save? i didnt get any error when i started a new game to test it

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Yes the error appears a second after loading the game. I killed all tailings ponds with a command and we have with your version no load errors and no desync errors. Can we build new tailing ponds now? Can we avoid gas in them? Thanks for your help :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:58 am
Yes the error appears a second after loading the game. I killed all tailings ponds with a command and we have with your version no load errors and no desync errors. Can we build new tailing ponds now? Can we avoid gas in them? Thanks for your help :)
Should be fine

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Do you know how we can place them after deleting by command? I used this to delete :
/c for _, entity in ipairs(game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered{name="tailings-pond"}) do entity.destroy() end

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Everything works. Great job, thanks.

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Ok, it doesn´t work very well. If we update Pyanodon again, there is every time a desync after joining like before...
So we have to delete all tailing ponds again and shouldn´t rebuild them?

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Also desync issue :(

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:46 pm
Ok, it doesn´t work very well. If we update Pyanodon again, there is every time a desync after joining like before...
So we have to delete all tailing ponds again and shouldn´t rebuild them?
It shouldn't do that. I'll need to look it over more. Try and test it in a mp game and figure out exactly what is breaking things.

Return to “PyMods”