[0.17.69] Ghosted Landfill has lines through

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
huffsam
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.69] Ghosted Landfill has lines through

Post by huffsam »

when ghosting down landfill lines appear that are not consistent with overall look, lines will also move around when zoom level is changed.

url to save with replication of issue (save has mods, but issue can be seen in vanilla save as well)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbbom7l5jptum ... h.zip?dl=0

apologies if this is a duplicate

(edit)
Also to add lines are not on chunk lines.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Ghosted Landfill has lines through

Post by Rseding91 »

Note to Posila: I would consider marking any of these kind of reports as "won't fix" since I don't consider them worth spending any time on. Unless you think there's a real solution. I've seen you (Posila) implement "fix" after "fix" over the last year(s) and yet still here we are today with it happening.

Doesn't seem worth any additional effort. It happens - doesn't bother me - a line is a line. :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Ghosted Landfill has lines through

Post by posila »

Thank you for taking the time to post the report.

This has came up few times before, so in that sense it is a duplicate, however this time I've put breakpoint into a function that I thought is responsible to draw tile ghosts just to find out, they are being drawn by something else. So in the past I was trying to apply a fix to wrong place, so this time I was able to fix this.... ish. I was able to find a line again after the fix, but it occurs much more rarely. So at this point I agree with Rseding that it's not really worth making it 100% perfect (it's just a line) and will call it fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”