Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 pm
Anon2k wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:02 pm
I write that from a fucking laser turret during deconstruction, steel is obtained, and not duralumin, which was in its ingredients.
I write that you are now on my ignore list, that I don't want you to play my mods, and that if you ever shower me with this kind of attention, none of it will be read. None of it.
great mods!
also great idea to merge the 2 mods together .
also in the past ultra end super weren't able to compress a belt and now i m not sure
also is it possible to add a input filter not just output ?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:22 pm
also in the past ultra end super weren't able to compress a belt and now i m not sure
also is it possible to add a input filter not just output ?
I'm not sure what the status of mega-uber-belts is currently, shanemadden has been looking after that mod and done a great job with it, but at the end of the day those belts are just too fast and break all sorts of assumptions, both in other mods and in the game engine. From memory I think they work but you have to turn the "batch stacking" option on in the mod settings, otherwise the beltboxes can't keep up.

Loaders can't have an input filter, game engine doesn't allow it. Just use a filter on a splitter right before the loader, does the same job.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

Here's a screenshot to explain my previous comment about washers not being able to be placed next to each other.
20190824142033_1.jpg
20190824142033_1.jpg (848.64 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
The two washers on the left are placed with one tile inbetween. Note the pipe that fits there, for example.

The two washers on the right cannot be placed with zero tiles inbetween, cannot be placed directly next to each other.

Is this an issue with the hitbox of the washer being just a little bit too big or some such?

Otherwise, thanks for the great mods. So much complexity to manage! Having lots of fun!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

DrJones wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm
Here's a screenshot to explain my previous comment about washers not being able to be placed next to each other.

The two washers on the left are placed with one tile inbetween. Note the pipe that fits there, for example.

The two washers on the right cannot be placed with zero tiles inbetween, cannot be placed directly next to each other.

Is this an issue with the hitbox of the washer being just a little bit too big or some such?

Otherwise, thanks for the great mods. So much complexity to manage! Having lots of fun!
I may take a look :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 pm
DrJones wrote:

Thanks for fixing it!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 pm
DrJones wrote:

PY do u mind if i use your icons in my power calculator? , turbine ones and the recipe ones

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

20190922095328_1.jpg
20190922095328_1.jpg (127.46 KiB) Viewed 5444 times
Issue with the new module tier function in PyCP on line 12 of module-tiers.lua.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

fixed
pY Coal processing mod

torment
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by torment »

Needs to replace crushed-iron with iron-ore-dust on advanced furnace recipes, there is no way to make crushed iron with raw ores 1.7.1

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

theres no crushed iron uses in pyro. Also, if its a pyRO problem, post in the correct forum
pY Coal processing mod

torment
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by torment »

pyanodon wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:36 pm
theres no crushed iron uses in pyro. Also, if its a pyRO problem, post in the correct forum
I don't know if it's a pyRO problem, i'm using latest version of both, the problem is that the recipe of steel on advanced foundry from pyCO (2x Coke, 2 Crushed Iron, 2x Limestone, 1x Sand Casting, 1x FuelRod MK01) is using Crushed Iron, but i belive pyRO removes this crushed iron

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

torment wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:54 am
pyanodon wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:36 pm
I don't know if it's a pyRO problem, i'm using latest version of both, the problem is that the recipe of steel on advanced foundry from pyCO (2x Coke, 2 Crushed Iron, 2x Limestone, 1x Sand Casting, 1x FuelRod MK01) is using Crushed Iron, but i belive pyRO removes this crushed iron
There's no such thing as Crushed Iron in any Pyanodon mods. That steel recipe is also not from Pyanodon. Must be some other mod.

torment
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by torment »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:30 am
There's no such thing as Crushed Iron in any Pyanodon mods. That steel recipe is also not from Pyanodon. Must be some other mod.
The recipe is in pyCO prototypes/recipes/advanced-foundry-recipes.lua, thats why I posted here

Code: Select all

--STEEL PLATE - cant change the base one,so i did that.
RECIPE {
    type = "recipe",
    name = "steel-plate2",
    category = "advanced-foundry",
    enabled = false,
    energy_required = 2,
    ingredients = {
        {type = "item", name = "crushed-iron", amount = 2},
        {type = "item", name = "coke", amount = 2},
        {type = "item", name = "fuelrod-mk01", amount = 1},
        {type = "item", name = "limestone", amount = 2},
        {type = "item", name = "sand-casting", amount = 1}
    },
    results = {
        {type = "item", name = "steel-plate", amount = 12}
    },
    main_product = "steel-plate",
    icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/steel-plate.png",
    icon_size = 32,
    subgroup = "py-items",
    order = "a2"
}:add_unlock("coal-processing-3")
But i see now that there is a enabled=false on it, another mod probably enabled it, so ignore my report, thought i found a broken recipe

crazypie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crazypie »

The game desynced when we were playing multiplayer game with all six py mods. After some tests I found that this desync issue may relate to tailings pond. To reproduce it, start a multiplayer game on server, place lots of tailings ponds by robots (don't place them in map editor), fill them with tar using infinite pipes and wait a few minutes (reconnecting to the server may be required).

Inspecting the source code of pycoalprocessing, I find that package-level variables 'Tiles' and 'tickdoubler' in file 'scripts/tailings-pond.lua' are not save for multiplayer. I wonder if it is necessary to register these variables in the 'global' table.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

torment wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:19 am
The recipe is in pyCO prototypes/recipes/advanced-foundry-recipes.lua, thats why I posted here
But i see now that there is a enabled=false on it, another mod probably enabled it, so ignore my report, thought i found a broken recipe
Huh, I guess I've never played without PyRO. Enabled=false normally just means that it needs to be researched, in this case by the coal-processing-3 tech. But PyRO removes this unlock, so the recipe can't be researched, effectively disabling it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

crazypie wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:36 am
The game desynced when we were playing multiplayer game with all six py mods. After some tests I found that this desync issue may relate to tailings pond. To reproduce it, start a multiplayer game on server, place lots of tailings ponds by robots (don't place them in map editor), fill them with tar using infinite pipes and wait a few minutes (reconnecting to the server may be required).

Inspecting the source code of pycoalprocessing, I find that package-level variables 'Tiles' and 'tickdoubler' in file 'scripts/tailings-pond.lua' are not save for multiplayer. I wonder if it is necessary to register these variables in the 'global' table.
if it is tiles and tickdoubler that is causing the issue then simply placing them via the player and having someone join after they've filled should cause the error. ill make the changes this evening and ill attach a zip to my next post that id like you to try and see if it eliminates the issue

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

crazypie wrote:

try this version i belive it should fix the issue. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yrWxJ ... IOQcF_JYQg

crazypie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crazypie »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:53 am
crazypie wrote:

try this version i belive it should fix the issue. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yrWxJ ... IOQcF_JYQg
It works! Game no longer desyncs. Thank you for your fix!

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Just a small note about 2 FTS reactor recipes. I'm not sure if these are bugs or intentional, but they don't fit the pattern of the other FTS converter recipes:

1. Heavy Oil from Oleochemicals (recipe name "heavy-oleo") has a crafting time 1. All other FTS converter recipes have crafting times 9, 9.3, 9.5 or 10. Maybe this was a typo and meant to be 10?

2. Petgas from RefSynGas (recipe name "petgas-from-refsyngas") doesn't have any water input or steam output. This is the only FTS recipe that doesn't have that, except the special ones (coal briquette etc.).

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Tailing Pool description says "cause pollution by venting gases".

As far as i can tell they don't seem to do that yet.

Return to “PyMods”