TSM changing train schedule at the station

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Banzia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

TSM changing train schedule at the station

Post by Banzia »

I tried to find an answer for this by searching the forum but was not able to find one. If you know of one please let me know.

I am using Train Supply Manager and I thought I had figured out the basic. I had two trains running and requesting trains from the appropriate train yard but then for some reason every time I try to do a new one I cant get it to work. I used the decider combinator , light and station for the request but the trains in the yard just sit there. So then I started trying different things and got them to leave the yard and deliver but then it started deleting the stop i put in for resupply so I ended up with an empty train running to the drop of point then back to the yard. I rebuilt the station several times. Deleted and rebuilt the yard. I used my other stations as a guide to see what worked last time (and is still working) but nothing seems to work. I am frustrated enough to give up on this mod but i really do not want to.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: TSM changing train schedule at the station

Post by Blokus »

I don't totally understand the issue here. The main thing that's counterintuitive is that there is no way to keep a train at a supplier stop at all. Once it is at a supplier stop, it needs to be prepared to go to a requester stop, possibly without any wait time whatsoever. This also means that it cannot just loop between supplier and requester, it has to have a separate stop where it picks up. If you have taken that into account, standard setups like the ones mentioned here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/14mmcb8 ... zwlqr/view) will work fine.

Banzia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: TSM changing train schedule at the station

Post by Banzia »

The issue was that I didnt understand the way the mod was supposed to work. I had an "ah ha" then felt like an idiot for posting the question in the first place.

To clarify I didnt realize that when a cofigure condition was met it generated a stop on its own.

Return to “Mods”