[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by BlueTemplar »

Or could make it 500 in, 499 and 1 out...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

ColdPrototype
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ColdPrototype »

I think the solution is to require a higher mark of nuclear reactor. It's a little silly that you can just drop a fusion cell into a fission reactor, anyway. If they're gated behind purple circuits, it would make more sense. And the rocket idea is a good one, too; perhaps use for a more powerful fusion fuel cell.

Pinoccio64
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pinoccio64 »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:03 am
Pinoccio64 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:07 pm
Hi Bob's Mod team !

At this stage of the game, I cannot make or reproduce the advanced automation science pack (orange), because I need the express inserters that at this stage of the game are not yet available at the research level !?
In fact, it is the snake that bites its tail, or in other words, in the structure of your research tree, we put the carts in front of the horse :(, to be able to create the express inserter, I must first create a chain of elements that compose the orange pack in their respective search!

Thank you in advance for finding a solution to this problem.
Best regards.
Cyril

No Express insert available.pngOrange fluid science pack.pngOrange science pack.pngScreen shot express inserter recherch.png
It's a conflict with another mod you have.

A possible fix to the issue, turn off Inserter overhaul, fast inserters (the express inserter in the current example) will be available much earlier.

This is one of the reasons why I have so many options, in most cases, if there's some sort of conflict like this, you can just change an option and fix the issue... you just need to figure out which options, and at the same time, you're removing some of the features that I add, but compatibility and features don't always go well together.
Hello, thank you for the advice, I solved my problem regarding express inserters :)

Another recurring problem that I have to deal with is that I have to regularly destroy large tanks of liquid products that I do not use such as sulfuric waste water, purified water, etc. (see illustrations in appendices), this is the only way for the moment that I have found to continue local production.

Is there a possibility to solve this problem in a more elegant way, for example creating tanks without bottom (infinite)?!

I would be grateful in advance for a solution to this problem.

Thank you.
Destroy the tanks.png
Destroy the tanks.png (776.77 KiB) Viewed 6134 times

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Sulfuric waste water and Purified water are both Angel materials, not Bob. You should ask about them in Angel's forum.

That said, FNEI or What is it really used for? can help you figure out how to consume the excess fluids.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Pinoccio64 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Is there a possibility to solve this problem in a more elegant way, for example creating tanks without bottom (infinite)?!

I would be grateful in advance for a solution to this problem.
A) Angel's mods not bobs.
B) Clarifiers with an overflow valve in front solves it.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I just noticed the Artillery Mk2 can't fast-replace the base game's Artillery, nor won't it show up in an upgrade planner. I can't build Mk3 yet, so haven't tested that, but since I can't select any of the Artillery in an upgrade planner, I'll assume that wont fast-replace either.

Not entirely sure if this is a Warfare issue, this is the tooltip:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (100.67 KiB) Viewed 6092 times
---

On a related note, the more advanced artillery shells that Bob's Warfare adds, seem a tad too cheap. Perhaps they were meant to include the base game's artillery shell?
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (54.39 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Boogieman14 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm
I just noticed the Artillery Mk2 can't fast-replace the base game's Artillery, nor won't it show up in an upgrade planner. I can't build Mk3 yet, so haven't tested that, but since I can't select any of the Artillery in an upgrade planner, I'll assume that wont fast-replace either.
I'll make a note to look into it, but likely either I forgot to add a fast replace group, or they've changed the size of the base artillery so that they're not fast replace compatible anymore.
Boogieman14 wrote:
On a related note, the more advanced artillery shells that Bob's Warfare adds, seem a tad too cheap. Perhaps they were meant to include the base game's artillery shell?
Most of those were already in my mod before the base game added artillery, it was a set of weapons for the tank MK2 and MK3.
it was based at the time on the cost of cannon shells, but maybe I should go back and revisit artillery costs.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

How about fluid inputs for (electronic) assemblers MK1? That is the last thing only MK2+ have. Also your stream powered has it.
How about making it have the steam ports on all sides and add a steam powered inserter? I think that would be cool.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:03 pm
Boogieman14 wrote:
Most of those were already in my mod before the base game added artillery, it was a set of weapons for the tank MK2 and MK3.
it was based at the time on the cost of cannon shells, but maybe I should go back and revisit artillery costs.
I would suggest the same. I just unlocked all of this tech in my current 0.17 game and your shells are cheap(!) in comparison. If my input has any weight, I suggest starting with the vanilla artillery shell, then add the essential items necessary for each particular artillery shell. At least that way it will feel more 'fair' to use.

pavlukivan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pavlukivan »

Combat robot brain 4 is called "Combat robot brain 3"

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

pavlukivan wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:51 am
Combat robot brain 4 is called "Combat robot brain 3"
you're right, I'll fix that.
I also have a Patreon.

tombinks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tombinks »

The tech tree is not possible..!
Pre-requisite tech required, that has already been researched.. Is there is a fix?
tech tree.png
tech tree.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 5977 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

tombinks wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 pm
The tech tree is not possible..!
Pre-requisite tech required, that has already been researched.. Is there is a fix?tech tree.png
first off... Automation 2 has Automation (1) as a prerequisite, I don't see it on the tree, so that's probably the issue.
Secondly, That's not how the tech tree would look in my mod (because automation 1 would be there)

So... what other mods do you have installed, and could they be disabling the automation 1 technology without removing it as a prerequisite from automation 2?
I also have a Patreon.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

What he has, based on viewtopic.php?f=49&t=76052, is a save that used to use mods but doesn't any more.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DaleStan wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:37 pm
What he has, based on viewtopic.php?f=49&t=76052, is a save that used to use mods but doesn't any more.
bobplates actually runs commands to attempt to fix the tech tree on "on_configuration_changed", but either he doesn't have that mod, or my commands are incomplete.
maybe I should add it to other mods too?
I also have a Patreon.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:03 pm
Boogieman14 wrote:
I'll make a note to look into it, but likely either I forgot to add a fast replace group, or they've changed the size of the base artillery so that they're not fast replace compatible anymore.

Interestingly enough, I also can't place a blueprint with a Mk2 artillery on top of an existing Mk2 artillery (it shows red, where you'd expect it to be blue). Not sure if this will help narrow down the issue, figured I'd report it anyway :)

Nevermind that, I probably missed one blueprint while upgrading from Mk1 to Mk2. A different BP worked fine.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

omma
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by omma »

i did an angelsbob run and i liked it a lot. but productivity and speed modules are grossly overpowered. and yes, i could play without bobs modules or i could play without modules in general or i could nerf them at the start. but usually you play the mod like the modmaker intended (especially the first run), so you leave it at default.

i would cut the modules strength in half, put a speed penalty in the prod modules, change beacon range from 3/6/9 to 3/5/7 and keep the beacon efficiency at 50%. modules would still be extremely good, but at least a bit more reasonable. currently there is just no downside, no one cares about pollution and power at that stage of the game, you can just plop prod modules and beacons everywhere.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

It's possible to get light oil and heavy oil before advanced oil processing using oil processing with sulfur. To fix this you could make oil processing with sulfur output only petroleum gas and sulfur.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mecejide wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:48 am
It's possible to get light oil and heavy oil before advanced oil processing using oil processing with sulfur. To fix this you could make oil processing with sulfur output only petroleum gas and sulfur.
it is intended, many of the bob processes requires heavy and light oil and aren't locked behind science pack 3.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

omma wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:47 am
i did an angelsbob run and i liked it a lot. but productivity and speed modules are grossly overpowered. and yes, i could play without bobs modules or i could play without modules in general or i could nerf them at the start. but usually you play the mod like the modmaker intended (especially the first run), so you leave it at default.

i would cut the modules strength in half, put a speed penalty in the prod modules, change beacon range from 3/6/9 to 3/5/7 and keep the beacon efficiency at 50%. modules would still be extremely good, but at least a bit more reasonable. currently there is just no downside, no one cares about pollution and power at that stage of the game, you can just plop prod modules and beacons everywhere.
I felt the same after my 0.15 Bobs run. If you do what I do now, it is a bit better, but also allows you to do a lot with less; more reasonable. I do not play with God or pure modules, only the five 'original' modules. I cut their effects in half from the mod default. This gives you some serious penalty (energy/pollution) for a lot of speed and productivity, but at the same time, you can do a lot with less structures, in a way.

In my current heavily modded 0.17 playthrough, the largest bottlenecks are a lack of Sodium Hydroxide(really?!) and fluid-through-pipes throughput. Bob had cut the production of Sodium Hydroxide but also had it required in a lot of recipes to kind of eat it up, but now I HAVE to produce Hydrogen and Chlorine just to get the Sodium Hydroxide I need for everything. I just vent the gases which kind of sucks. The Silver-Zinc batteries require a TON of Sodium Hydroxide, required in two parts of the recipe which equates to 3 Sodium Hydroxide per 1 Silver Zinc battery. And then it is used in Alumina production as well as the Chemical Science Pack.

And for pipe throughput, I've found that you cannot have 6 Chemical Plants producing Hydrazine at phenomenal rates from speed beacons and productivity modules, through one pipe to Hydrazine Generators. Once you are producing that much, you need to set up pipes to directly feed from one production plant into the generator bank via its own pipe to keep up with throughput. As for my oil refinery.... well, let's say that I have 8,000 logistic bots moving over 300,000 barrels of fluids to be able to keep up the throughput. I have each refinery being directly fed by fluid pumps emptying barrels of crude oil and barrels of water and then directly feeding fluid pumps that barrel each product. The bots here never sleep as they move barrels of fluids to/from refineries, storage tank banks, rail load/unload stations, and barrel cleaning (mod, actually cool). The sad part, or maybe the good part, is that I consume that much in my factory. But yeah, pipes are a literal bottleneck in late game Bob's factories.

Return to “Bob's mods”