[0.17.69] Additional info view has inconsistent name

Discuss translation contributions here.
redstonerodent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.69] Additional info view has inconsistent name

Post by redstonerodent »

In the controls, the key to turn on the info overlay is called "Show info." Next to the hotbar, it's called "Alt-mode" (including the quotes) and the icon is a rectangle with "ALT."

These names should be the same so it's clearer they do the same thing. I think it should be called something like "detailed view," and not "Alt-mode," since you can change the key to something other than Alt and "Alt-mode" isn't a very informative name.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Additional info view has inconsistent name

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. These would be translation/localization things which would go here: viewforum.php?f=12

But on the topic: "alt mode" is "Alternative mode" as in "alternative view mode" it's not specific to the key it's bound to so that's not really a concern that it can be rebound. If we follow that kind of thinking too far we end up with everything so generalized that everything has lost all meaning and every name/tooltip is near full-sentence length as it tries to describe what something does in a generic enough way.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Additional info view has inconsistent name

Post by Bilka »

Thank you for finding the one place that didn't use "Alt-Mode". Fixed in the next version.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Translations”