[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Baruk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Post by Baruk »

With update 0.99.5 I got following error message:
7.773 Error ModManager.cpp:1323: Error while running setup for technology prototype "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-2" (technology): Technology prerequisite "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-1" is registered more than once.
8.466 Factorio initialised
8.470 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for technology prototype "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-2" (technology): Technology prerequisite "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-1" is registered more than once.

Mods to be disabled:
β€’ qol_research
β€’ IndustrialRevolution
Without IR it loads fine, without QoL also but most of my the inventory is laying around me on the ground. :(

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Baruk wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:41 pm
With update 0.99.5
Try 0.99.6 which addresses this issue. If not, then you need to report it to the QOL mod because I've done all I can for now.

Baruk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baruk »

Unbelievable, that's fast. :shock:

Thank you.

Great work and really enjoyable!

Baruk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baruk »

I am awfully sorry to tell you the error still exists in 0.99.6
8.064 Error ModManager.cpp:1323: Error while running setup for technology prototype "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-2" (technology): Technology prerequisite "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-1" is registered more than once.
8.759 Factorio initialised
8.764 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for technology prototype "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-2" (technology): Technology prerequisite "qolinternal-character-crafting-speed-1" is registered more than once.

Mods to be disabled:
β€’ qol_research
β€’ IndustrialRevolution

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

Removing old (coal) buildings is a real pain, bots are not realy helpfull because there is alot of coal and stuff in them.

The electric miners are realy large, and feel inefficent, because of the reduced miner density.

I had some early medium worm spawns, they were realy tough with heavy armor and some turrets.
The shotgun turrets are strong, but die quickly.

Not sure about (early) coal crushing, to reduce pollution, guess its a close thing, requiring lots of buildings.(maraton)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

how well does IR play with infinite ores. i cant think any real issues that it could cause but ive only played as far as bronze era and haven't looked at the code at all. i ask because ive had someone asking me about how well https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SJT-DirtyOre-Remastered would work with IR and im wondering if theres any issues im not aware of that could create a conflict by adding an infinite ore into IR

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:46 am
how well does IR play with infinite ores. i cant think any real issues that it could cause but ive only played as far as bronze era and haven't looked at the code at all. i ask because ive had someone asking me about how well https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SJT-DirtyOre-Remastered would work with IR and im wondering if theres any issues im not aware of that could create a conflict by adding an infinite ore into IR
Completely untested. Can't think of any conflicts. Tin and gold are generated with the bog standard resource_autoplace provided by base, i.e. same as vanilla ores, and that's called early from data.lua. The IR ore processing chains would be completely unaware of any other ore, dirty or otherwise, added by any other mod, though. If that mod adds some way of getting dirty ore back to "real" ore then it would work out fine, but if you can smelt dirty ores into something then it would bypass the whole processing chain and ingots as well.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

crysanja wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:58 pm
The electric miners are realy large, and feel inefficent, because of the reduced miner density.
They're all remarkably close together, but by my calculations, each tier is an improvement over the previous. Tiling copper miners is an interesting problem. If I insist I have to cover the entire ore patch, the best I've figured out is four in a 8x7 cell. (Also excluding leeching.)
As a result, I calculate 2.68 ore/tile/minute for copper miners, 2.73 ore/tile/minute for electric miners, and 2.86 ore/tile/minute for advanced miners, which is +2% and +5%. This doesn't consider the effect of modules, though. Fill the miners up with speed module 3s (0, 2, and 4), and suddenly the ratios are +104% and +57%.
By energy consumption, electric miners win; copper drills take twice as much energy per ore as electric miners, and advanced miners take 25% more.

For my part, I feel like I'm struggling with the lead/tin balance. I'm making tin ingots from refined tin, and lead ingots from powdered lead, but still feel like I never have enough lead. I'm using tin ingots only for red and green science. Is there something else I should be using tin for?

sidelia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sidelia »

So IR + Lazy Bastard is only possible with the starter kit enabled in the options as making a lab is 99 crafts and packs are 6 crafts each for a total of 159 crafts needed to research automation. Copper assemblers are 90 crafts. Starting with the basics + a lab would still require 150 between the 10 packs + assembler. What do you think about a less-gentle starter option for those who don't want a full starter pack that gives the barebones miners and furnaces + a single assembler to kick things off?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

DaleStan wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 am
ore/tile/minute
What does that even mean, practically?

The "biggest miner = lower energy efficiency" thing is by design, it applies to some of the other high tier machines as well, not consistently, on purpose. The fastest machines get a much better boost from exactly the same modules as mid-tier machines. Burner machines can't use electric modules at all, by design. In terms of ore/minute, the higher tier drills are objectively better in absolutely every sense, without modules. It's only murkier if people start calculating how many drills they need to exhaust one specific ore patch in the shortest time possible.

I think the "mining drill density" thing is a playstyle issue. It's not going to change, so if it's a deal-breaker for folks, that's life. I've seen some bonkers things in screenshots and videos - players spending the first 90 minutes handcrafting burner drills to cram as many as possible onto the starter patches before they even try and research/build a single assembler, complaining about "being forced to handcraft" every step of the way - they then either have way more copper and tin than they could possibly cope with (even in a midgame base, let alone the early Stone Age), or they exhaust the entire starter patches before they've even got to rail ... If people bring their same old, same old vanilla methods to an overhaul mod, it's just not going to work out.
For my part, I feel like I'm struggling with the lead/tin balance. I'm making tin ingots from refined tin, and lead ingots from powdered lead, but still feel like I never have enough lead. I'm using tin ingots only for red and green science. Is there something else I should be using tin for?
The current mod is a "beta" version. There were always going to be balancing issues and very likely some necessary changes before the 1.0.0 version. Tin consumption is medium-high on the list of things I'm working on for that. Steel and sulphur are worse, in my view. There is a thread about it on the mod portal forum. I've started work on it, it won't be available for a couple of weeks most likely, because I am out of town for part of that time.
sidelia wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 am
So IR + Lazy Bastard is only possible with the starter kit enabled in the options as making a lab is 99 crafts and packs are 6 crafts each for a total of 159 crafts needed to research automation. Copper assemblers are 90 crafts. Starting with the basics + a lab would still require 150 between the 10 packs + assembler. What do you think about a less-gentle starter option for those who don't want a full starter pack that gives the barebones miners and furnaces + a single assembler to kick things off?
It's possible - it would require Automation 1 to be auto-researched as well - but to be honest, compatibility with vanilla 'cheevments is very very low on the list of things I need to sort out. There is nothing to prevent you using the existing Bronze Age bonus kit and then throwing 95% of it away.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

crysanja wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:58 pm
Removing old (coal) buildings is a real pain, bots are not realy helpfull because there is alot of coal and stuff in them.

I had some early medium worm spawns, they were realy tough with heavy armor and some turrets.
The shotgun turrets are strong, but die quickly.

Not sure about (early) coal crushing, to reduce pollution, guess its a close thing, requiring lots of buildings.(maraton)
(emphasis mine)
IndustrialRevolution wrote: Notes
[...]
"Normal" and "expensive" recipes are not supported. Recipes are what they are.
(Of course there's also the x4 tech cost part...)

Ore/miner density does have an importance, as evolution is also a function of time... but yeah, you need to play on harder settings than default to notice.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

I see the newest update refer to something about the generator equipment and multiplayer. But currently in 0.9.5 single player ctrl+G does nothing except change the yellow tint on the toolbar icon. Also, when I played last the icon was yellow and activated from the get go. This time with the 0.9.5 update and new game it was off from the start and I never even realised it untill I wanted to turn it off. I'm not having wifi for some weeks so can't update vut thought to let you know it was/might be a single player issue too...
Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:13 pm
Expect a visit from the Revolutionary Ministry of Adjustments.
Mr George Orwell, is that you? I'm happy to report on this playthrough I am doing it LazyBastard style. 6 hours in and the iron ingots just got flowing...

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

BHakluyt wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:58 pm
I see the newest update refer to something about the generator equipment and multiplayer. But currently in 0.9.5 single player ctrl+G does nothing except change the yellow tint on the toolbar icon.
That is all CTRL+G is supposed to do.

(Re-)Read the tooltips on personal generator equipment items, and/or find the long post several pages back about what the generator equipment manager does and doesn't do.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:13 am
DaleStan wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 am
ore/tile/minute
What does that even mean, practically?
If you are attempting to maximize ore per minute, the bigger miners are better. You can pack just over half as many miners in the same space, and each miner produces exactly twice as much.
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:13 am
DaleStan wrote:For my part, I feel like I'm struggling with the lead/tin balance. I'm making tin ingots from refined tin, and lead ingots from powdered lead, but still feel like I never have enough lead. I'm using tin ingots only for red and green science. Is there something else I should be using tin for?
The current mod is a "beta" version. There were always going to be balancing issues and very likely some necessary changes before the 1.0.0 version. Tin consumption is medium-high on the list of things I'm working on for that.
Ah. Right. I'd seen that thread and then forgotten about it. Sorry to complain about something that's already on the list.

It's not a showstopper, so I'll just keep stashing my tin in the meantime.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:12 pm
BHakluyt wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:58 pm
I see the newest update refer to something about the generator equipment and multiplayer. But currently in 0.9.5 single player ctrl+G does nothing except change the yellow tint on the toolbar icon.
That is all CTRL+G is supposed to do.

(Re-)Read the tooltips on personal generator equipment items, and/or find the long post several pages back about what the generator equipment manager does and doesn't do.
Maybe the tooltip should rather read: Toggle fuel leeching from player inventory for burner generator" or something of that sort...? Current tooltip is not very clear I believe and I did have English as a second language at school and study at university in English...

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

where can i find the electronic chip from the recipe? (8x Elektronischer Schaltkreis)
IR Electronics 1.png
IR Electronics 1.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 4975 times
I'm also missing electrical inserters.
Probably AAI o_O

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

steinio wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:01 pm
Probably AAI o_O
Probably. For me, electronics 1 also unlocks the electronic circuits.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Hi,

where can i find the electronic chip from the recipe? (8x Elektronischer Schaltkreis)
IR Electronics 1.png

Probably AAI o_O
Sigh. That mod again.

I can't release a fix for this on the portal at the moment but a hotfix is attached in the zipfile. Unzip that file and copy it over the existing one in the IR mod folder under code/mods/. Fixes broken unlocks for electronic circuits, inserters, radar and the electric lab.
Last edited by Deadlock989 on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blargh2015
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blargh2015 »

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Hi,

IR Electronics 1.png

Probably AAI o_O
Sigh. That mod again.

I can't release a fix for this on the portal at the moment but a hotfix is attached in the zipfile. Unzip that file and copy it over the existing one in the IR mod folder under code/mods/. Fixes broken unlocks for electronic circuits, inserters, radar and the electric lab.
There may be a problem at Logistics 2 and Optics as well - I am running two other mods not explicitly on the OK list (miniloaders and Nixie Tubes), but looks like it's a IR v. AAI conflict (These are both taken after the hotfix above):
Logistics-2.png
Logistics-2.png (481 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
Optics.png
Optics.png (356.53 KiB) Viewed 4862 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Yeah i removed AAI completly.
God thanks all techs are reset correctly.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to β€œMods”