[MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Topics and discussion about specific mods
fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Post by fishycat »

yes, was with 0.99.4. I post my save, let me know if you need anything else.
Last edited by fishycat on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

fishycat wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:16 pm
yes, was with 0.99.4. I post my save, let me know if you need anything else.
I can load and play that save without issues, even with all those mods.

Mind you, I'm on 0.99.5, which isn't available yet - but there are no changes made since this morning's 0.99.4 version of the mod that would repair (or cause) a tech tree cycle.

Edited to add: you must have added some other mod which isn't compatible with IR since making that save. Disable IR when prompted, then go to Load game and sync your mods with the save.
Attachments
fishycat.png
fishycat.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 4689 times

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Yeah those looks like my kind of crashes too. Chunk 30 pops up a lot. With the screwed recipe for energy shields in my previous playthrough I figured out it's Krastorio that's overwriting IRs recepies, so it would make more sense to me that Krastorio becomes a dependency of IR and not the other way around. But hey I got really no clue what I'm talking about.

Anyhow I had a damn comma missing, that's why IR didn't show in my mods list, but still for all I've tried I can't get SE and IR and Krusty going together. I deleted all the kids (kids? Why tf would autocorrect change mods to kids?) and downloaded fresh, for some reason SE never updated. So the big struggle block was the rocket fuel from water recipe, which is in SE as far as I know, resulting in a crash on startup. I changed the dependencies around so that IR be the last to load above all else and finally got past that error...just to get something about emmersite or mannerite or whatever plate from Krusty. So flip the keyboard I'm over this.

Edit - and so now after getting fresh downloads of all the mods SE doesn't crash me with icon sizes. Weird.

My feedback on this whole thing, for November when you get around to it, and take it from a n00b, is that I think IR should be above all the other mods and change THEIR recipes...because after all it seems that Krustorio and IR isn't so compatible after all since Krusty change recipes with icons that's just not in the game. (IR far, I mean, and it might be SE doing that to IR+Krusty, I got no clue.) But I have a gripe with this too, and no offense, but the plain IR science recipes are quite boring to me so in that department it would have been good to have it overwritten with Krusty's... Anyhow still can't get all 3 mods to load since when I got things setup the most correct way I would think it should work I get the issue with the rocket-fuel-from-water recipe and chunk 30 whatevs.

Also, the loaders are weird because I had to pick them up and place them multiple times to get them going. It might be because I had miniloaders mod installed too before I saw IR got it's own loaders.

So yeah I hope some of the above babble can be useful to you. Otherwise sorry for taking up your time, but also thanks for the help so far.
why is this guy so fckng anal about getting the mods to work
Last edited by BHakluyt on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

hm that's strange. I disabled your mod, let it start, updated flow control, restarted then exit. Then I set IR to true again in mod.list, started and got this error
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (22.68 KiB) Viewed 4680 times

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

fishycat wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:37 pm
hm that's strange. I disabled your mod, let it start, updated flow control, restarted then exit. Then I set IR to true again in mod.list, started and got this error

Unbenannt.png
That's a bona-fide bug in IR 0.99.4. Update coming shortly when I've tested the new toys in 0.17.69.

ThreePounds
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ThreePounds »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Modding
  • Added 'allow_burner_leech' to inserter prototypes. If set to true, burner inserters will look in the pickup targets fuel inventory when refueling.
Interesting! Could we get this for IR? Would help immensely for the burner phase. :mrgreen:

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

ThreePounds wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:55 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Modding
  • Added 'allow_burner_leech' to inserter prototypes. If set to true, burner inserters will look in the pickup targets fuel inventory when refueling.
Interesting! Could we get this for IR? Would help immensely for the burner phase. :mrgreen:
What do you think I've been dropping heavy hints about for the last four days ;)

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 0.99.5
Date: 19. 09. 2019

Burner leech:
- The Factorio modding API, as of 0.17.69, now directly supports burner inserters fueling themselves from any fuel slot they can access, aka "burner leech".
- It is not enabled by default and does not feature in vanilla freeplay games. Mods have to enable it.
- In IR, this is now a setting under Settings > Mod settings > Startup, which defaults to off, to preserve the non-leech challenge for those that enjoy it.

Fixes:
- Corrected an oversight in scrapping recipes. Maximum scrap return for each material is now 50k. Fixes issues with extreme recipes from other mods, such as Clusterio's energy transmitters.
- Corrected another oversight where items with incredibly minimal amounts of material in them could produce an invalid crafting time, such as the enigmatic "red".
- Rocket silo launch GUI now recognises the additional launch payloads.

Locale:
- Russian locale updated, thanks again to cos-mic.
- German locale updated, thanks again to tiriscef.
- Note to translators: tips 018 and 030 have changed.

Compatibility:
- IR now depends on Factorio base version 0.17.69.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

all working again *sigh*. next are those punks in my research list :D

OBXandos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by OBXandos »

Deadlock would it be possible to make a visual tech tree like this one here? https://davemcw.com/factorio/tech-tree/
I would love to be able to browse this while I wait for stuff to craft or while I am at work. I have no idea how difficult something like this is so I understand if it is not feasible.

Thanks!
OBX

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

OBXandos wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:05 am
Deadlock would it be possible to make a visual tech tree like this one here? https://davemcw.com/factorio/tech-tree/
I would love to be able to browse this while I wait for stuff to craft or while I am at work. I have no idea how difficult something like this is so I understand if it is not feasible.
It's possible, but realistically, not something I will ever find the time to do myself.

Factorio now has a built in function for dumping a big tech tree screenshot, it looks like the one you get in the tech tree window except it's potentially huge and includes everything.

I would wait for IR 1.0.0 before spending any time on this, the tech tree is still subject to change at the moment.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:13 am

Factorio now has a built in function for dumping a big tech tree screenshot, it looks like the one you get in the tech tree window except it's potentially huge and includes everything.
where do i find that at?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 am
Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:13 am

where do i find that at?
The api doc: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... screenshot
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Bilka wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:25 am
The api doc: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... screenshot
ah. gamescripts the one i never think to check. thanks

nog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nog »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:05 pm
- In IR, this is now a setting under Settings > Mod settings > Startup, which defaults to off, to preserve the non-leech challenge for those that enjoy it.
Thank you. Several times I was tempted to use Burner Leech but until then I resisted because it would remove a great deal of challenge.

And by the way, thank you for your great and fun to play work. ;)

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Fairly happy to have discovered this arrangement :) Really enjoying burners, not something I ever thought Id say about Factorio!

PTTG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PTTG »

IR Diggy (from RedMew) is an even slower start, but I find it quite interesting. I modded it to included the new ores and make saplings buy-able, and now I have a pretty good setup going. I might need to tweak tin ore spawning a bit more and move iron ore farther out, but aside from that it's doing well.

The conflict between tightly limited space and the new expansive production chains makes for a nice challenge.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

IR + Diggy sounds great. Proper dwarven. * sings a song about gold *

I visited the Redmew server yesterday which was running IR (still is now I think). Mental. Had a great time.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Version: 0.99.6
Date: 20. 09. 2019

Locale:
- Polish locale added by CubeGaming, many thanks to them for taking the time and effort to do this.
- Russian locale updated by Oceanel51, much obliged to them.
- French locale updated by Redstylt, thanks again.

Fixes:
- Scrapping machine pollution/minute was mistakenly being overwritten, it has now has a more appropriate value.
- Fixed some glitches introduced to tooltip material info in the last version.
- Fixed a minor bug in multiplayer, whereby players leaving and rejoining sessions would have the generator manager quickbar shortcut disabled.
- Fixed a minor bug in the assignment of crafting tiers for non-ingots, e.g. stone furnaces could be used to produce glass sheets despite glass ingots requiring bronze furnaces.
- Fixed a potential issue arising from tree builder changes in 0.99.4 where vanilla techs with no recipe unlocks, altered by other mods, could end up with the same prerequisite more than once.
- Fixed another more serious issue arising from the above, whereby vanilla "upgrade" type techs with no recipe unlocks were ending up with excessive science pack tiers.

The Great Balancing has begun.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:31 pm
The Great Balancing has begun.
Balanced Revolution. Looking forward to it.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Mods”