Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Lgk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Lgk »

Yeah the problem is the missing extension.

jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgb »

I'm in the middle of a heavily modded playthrough, so I have no idea if it's actually caused by something in Angel's, but I figured this would be the best place to start. It looks like the Induction furnace Mk2 and Casting machine Mk2 cannot be made in Assembler Mk2, only every other assembler type (including Mk1). This appears to be a bug, and since only Angel's Smelting is listed as mods affecting the item, it appears that this mod in particular is causing the issue?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

jgb wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:32 am
I'm in the middle of a heavily modded playthrough, so I have no idea if it's actually caused by something in Angel's, but I figured this would be the best place to start. It looks like the Induction furnace Mk2 and Casting machine Mk2 cannot be made in Assembler Mk2, only every other assembler type (including Mk1). This appears to be a bug, and since only Angel's Smelting is listed as mods affecting the item, it appears that this mod in particular is causing the issue?

Could be, that you checked the option in Bob's mods to use assembler ingredient limit ? More than 4 ingredients could be only crafted in assembler 3 and above in 0.16. This setting emulates that also in 0.17. I would assume, the new burner and steam assembler of Bobs mods are not limited by the setting, since they are new in 0.17 (Is that really a regular assembler 1?)

JuicyJuuce
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JuicyJuuce »

While playing the Sea Block Pack I ran into these two "unknown key" bugs related to used electrolyser electrodes. So I disabled all mods except Angel's Petro Chemical Processing and its dependency, Angel's Refining. The bug still appears:

I am using the latest version of everything, which currently is:
Factorio 0.17.68
Angel's Petro Chemical Processing 0.8.6
Angel's Refining 0.10.14

Here are some others who seem to have experienced the same bug:
Tunasz wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:59 am
I just found a small bug: Unknown key: "item-name.angels-electrode-used".
Lugerr wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:05 pm
Hello, i,ve found a bug with new item - Electrolyser Electrode.
In recipe "Molten Salt Electrolysis: Chlorine, Sodium Hydroxide".
Used Electrode came out from the Electrolyser Mk4 as "Unknown key: "item-name.angels-electrode-used".
3Ra Gaming Moderator
come play the PvP scenario with us and join our discord at www.3ragaming.com/discord

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

JuicyJuuce wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 pm
While playing the Sea Block Pack I ran into these two "unknown key" bugs related to used electrolyser electrodes. So I disabled all mods except Angel's Petro Chemical Processing and its dependency, Angel's Refining. The bug still appears:
That's a minor cosmetic issue, because localisation strings are missing. It doesn't impact functionality of the mods, so you can ignore it.

LaUr3nTiU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LaUr3nTiU »

Not sure if this is a bug in Factorio or in Angels Bio Processing (or maybe it's not even a bug?), but if I pick-up a Seed Extractor using right-click while it is working I almost never get my let's say Desert Garden back. I am doing the "Advanced Desert Garden Cultivation" which is supposed to give 25% 8-tokens + 1 garden + 5% an extra garden.

Shouldn't I get my initial item back, even though it has not finished processing?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

LaUr3nTiU wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:35 pm
Shouldn't I get my initial item back, even though it has not finished processing?
That's a 0.17 base game issue and is "intended", although it seems, the majority would say, it should behave differently.
For reference:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Dont_lose ... ngredients
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-309
-> Chapter: Mining furnaces and assembling machines should return the ingredients for the in-progress recipe

jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgb »

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:21 am
Could be, that you checked the option in Bob's mods to use assembler ingredient limit ? More than 4 ingredients could be only crafted in assembler 3 and above in 0.16. This setting emulates that also in 0.17. I would assume, the new burner and steam assembler of Bobs mods are not limited by the setting, since they are new in 0.17 (Is that really a regular assembler 1?)
That's a negatory, batman. Setting is disabled and Assembler Mk2 let's me craft Steam Engine Mk2 with 5 ingredients:

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Might be that the assemblers in question lack the "crafting" category which is again more an issue/setting of bobs assembler then.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

On my side (seablock pack), everything works good with assembler mk2, even with the same Bob's assembling machines settings.
I would assume, another mod is messing around with assembler limits or crafting categories.

jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgb »

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm
On my side (seablock pack), everything works good with assembler mk2, even with the same Bob's assembling machines settings.
I would assume, another mod is messing around with assembler limits or crafting categories.
I checked my regular BA save and looks like it works there too. Thanks for the idea! I guess I'll have to start digging through my other mods and try to figure out which one is trolling me...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

jgb wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:54 am
jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm
I checked my regular BA save and looks like it works there too. Thanks for the idea! I guess I'll have to start digging through my other mods and try to figure out which one is trolling me...
The assembler should list which mods have affected it. Would be one of them.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

The concrete used in the artillery turret and rocket silo should probably be changed to concrete bricks.

IChrisI
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IChrisI »

The Seafloor Pump should include a fluid filter in its definition as described here.

Code: Select all

filter = "water-viscous-mud",

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

I can't seem to void sulfuric acid in the clarifier, but I can in the flare stack. But the acid isn't a gas is it?

jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgb »

Patrick wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:48 am
I can't seem to void sulfuric acid in the clarifier, but I can in the flare stack. But the acid isn't a gas is it?
Isn't clarifier for water?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

It's a Petrochem fluid, which means that it's voided in the flare stack.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

cz_zlobr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cz_zlobr »

Hello, I have this small problem with this:
image hosting site

any ideas how to fix it? I have over 120hours of my game, but i cant solve it, and i dont want to lose it :-/

Thanks

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

cz_zlobr wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:51 pm
image hosting site

any ideas how to fix it? I have over 120hours of my game, but i cant solve it, and i dont want to lose it :-/

Thanks
Are you playing with pymods?

cz_zlobr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cz_zlobr »

kingarthur wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:18 pm
cz_zlobr wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:51 pm
image hosting site

Thanks
Are you playing with pymods?
Yes, i have PyCoal processing touched by Angel + Bob

Return to “Angels Mods”