Error in description of set_driver(driver)?

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Error in description of set_driver(driver)?

Post by Pi-C »

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I find this description of set_driver() confusing:

Code: Select all

set_driver(driver)

Sets the driver of this vehicle.

Parameters
driver :: LuaEntity or LuaPlayer: The new passenger or nil to eject the current driver if any.
Note: This differs over LuaEntity::set_passenger in that the passenger can't drive the vehicle.
[i]Can only be used if this is Vehicle[/i]
Shouldn't it read "The new driver or nil to eject the current driver if any."?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Error in description of set_driver(driver)?

Post by Bilka »

Yep, fixed for next version.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Bilka wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 pm
Yep, fixed for next version.
Thank you!

Another thing: What is the upper limit for passengers? If there's really only one passenger per vehicle allowed, it would be nice if you could clearly state that under get_passenger() and set_passenger(). (Then again, could it be useful if more passengers were allowed? I'd post it under Ideas/suggestions in this case.)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Pi-C wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:53 pm
Another thing: What is the upper limit for passengers? If there's really only one passenger per vehicle allowed, it would be nice if you could clearly state that under get_passenger() and set_passenger(). (Then again, could it be useful if more passengers were allowed? I'd post it under Ideas/suggestions in this case.)
Upper limit is one, that's why it says "the passenger".
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Yes, I should have figured that one out myself. Guess I've been confused by my own expectations (thinking of a cab, where one driver can haul around as many passengers as fit into the vehicle).

Return to “Resolved Requests”