[0.17.68]Indirect landmine "Nerf"

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Goose
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.68]Indirect landmine "Nerf"

Post by Goose »

Now with the most recent oil change pushing back construction bots to blue science, automated landmine defenses aren't possible until you have chemical science up and running. For anyone still using landmines, do you find this to be negligible, thoughts?

Pandrosos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.68]Indirect landmine "Nerf"

Post by Pandrosos »

Not used the landmines myself. But they need explosives, which means they need an oil refinery going anyway. The big leap in the mid-game is getting oil up and running - once that's done, blue science is only a small step further.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

Pandrosos wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:21 am
Not used the landmines myself. But they need explosives, which means they need an oil refinery going anyway. The big leap in the mid-game is getting oil up and running - once that's done, blue science is only a small step further.
Then to get robots you "only" need lube, which "only" needs advanced oil... :D which means robots are further back in the game than they were before the oil change.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

The most annoying part would probably be that destroyed mine ghosts are pushed back too ?
Otherwise, at this point of the game, I tend to use mines more as an offensive weapon...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

wobbycarly wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:56 am
Then to get robots you "only" need lube, which "only" needs advanced oil... :D which means robots are further back in the game than they were before the oil change.
most people rush for advanced oil anyway.
Even though I noticed that the need is way lower now, because you dont need to burn through HO and LO in order to keep PG going and it doesnt feel that wastefull anymore, even though it clearly is.

Pandrosos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pandrosos »

wobbycarly wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:56 am
A fair point that I hadn't considered. The new oil means you can go a lot further with a setup that only makes gas, but to then make heavy and light oil could require a whole new build.

Return to “General discussion”