Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17+] Warptorio2

Post by PyroFire »

Warptorio2

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio2

Discord: https://discord.gg/a9CNarA

Gameplay:

Build your base on a platform that follows you from planets to planets and escape biters before they overwhelm you.
This mod is intended as a way to change the building dynamic, as you will have to develop your base around a platform.
It keeps the pressure on you too, as you will also have to choose between staying to extract more resources and evacuating before the biters break your defence.

"Lore":

The warp reactor is your failed experiment. It seems better at attracting biters than generating energy, it's unstable and will destroy the planet it's on if left unmanaged.
Fortunatly, as an unintended consequence, it can pull itself and it's surroundings into an interdimentional rift and lead you to a safer place.
So escape biters, try to build a rocket and get away !

Usage:

A button is added at the upper-left of the screen to allow you to warp out when the bitters get too strong for your defense, but the more you warp, the more it will takes time to charge.

Time is short on each warp, but this warp reactor technology allows some new upgrades to help you out.

Warptorio1 Update

Hi, i liked the original concept of this mod but i didn't like how buggy and broken and unfinished it was, so instead of waiting for the original developer i just did it myself in like 2 weeks.
Enjoy.

Special thanks to Nonoce for originally creating this fantastic mod - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio
Special thanks to Kitch where i learned about this mod - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD9mVDueHTc

New Features

- Balanced and added a bunch of vanilla researches: mining productivity, character mining speed, character reach, worker robot speed and capacity, inventory capacity, inserter capacity.

- Fixed a bunch of essential bugs: Multiplayer issues, circuit connections between floors, power supply issues between platform floors, platform logistics pipes connecting with eachother and removed unwanted features: energy costs of using teleporters

- Addressed a bunch of essential gameplay mechanics problems: Made loaders direction determine chest transfer direction, added logistics chests upgrades to loader chests for use with robots late-game which helps to bypass belt throughput limits, significantly increased the maximum number of belts between floors, made platform pipes uni-directional, added circuit connections between floors, and tweaked the behaviour of teleporters to be more predictable and less disorientating.

- Overhaul: More than doubled the maximum size of the planet floor, factory floor and boiler floors, and gave each floor a unique shape.

- Overhaul: Science has been completely reworked with an entire chain for each floor and a whole bunch of other new researches, like for adding water to the boiler floor. Science now extends to space science including a warp bomb weapon, warp armor, warp modules, and a set of additional giant rooms for each platform floor.

- Overhaul: Re-worked stabilizer and accelerator into ability buttons with a shared cooldown, and slightly re-worked and tweaked the warp charge timer.

- Overhaul: Warp Reactor has been reworked with a progressive research chain, a lore storyline, and is now uniquely interactive with craftable super fuel and a special craftable & placeable entity.

- New Feature: Planets. You now warp to planets with different attributes, such as iron-rich or a random resource is missing. Each planet has a unique description, hinting at the type of planet you land on. New loot chests will randomly spawn throughout every planet with random goodies in them, encouraging some minor exploration of each planet.

- New Feature: Warp Rails. You can unlock special platform rails that can withdraw/deposit the contents of an entire cargo wagon at once, opening up some interesting gameplay around the use of trains.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17+] Warptorio2

Post by 5thHorseman »

Sweet been following this (and playing the betas) since day 1, a whole ten-ish days ago.

Time to start fresh and see what it's like in full!

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

This is very well done and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far!

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

Quick question, does everything basically produce a ton more pollution or am I remembering vanilla wrong?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Astrella wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:14 pm
Quick question, does everything basically produce a ton more pollution or am I remembering vanilla wrong?
The story is that your warp reactor is unstable and it is destroying the planet it rests on.

Mechanically, this means you produce a crap ton of pollution so staying on a planet for too long is dangerous.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Alright so having tinkered with this a bunch I need to write everything down!

Ideas:

* Warp Reactor floor. A centralized place to bring all of the warp floors together in one central location. Not a whole lot of space to work with. May have some unique celtic knot or other stylized layout. Image
* Warp Boiler's special ability is pipes connecting it to the surface.
* Warp Armory. Connects to all castle turrets in a small space. Castle turrets can be placed on the main surface. Castle turrets are special in that their position relative to the factory is preserved. Player may have access to more than 4 turrets!
* Turrets placed on the Castle Turret platform are swapped via script to a friendly force with an increased damage modifier, giving them extra firepower.
* Warp outpost(s). Warp outpost does not travel with the platform and remains behind, with some logistic connections. It may continue to feed the base for a few minutes (possibly hours!) until it's overrun by biters.
* Echo capsule and Warp capsule. Echo capsule allows a player to go back to the previous planet. Make warp capsules available earlier. Purpose: Rescue missions in multiplayer! No man left behind!
* Placeable warp structures (harvesters, teleporter, outposts, castle turrets) should be placed in a special chest on the surface platform instead of needed to be mined and collected each warp.
* (Maybe) Warp military and warp mining productivity researches use the force-swapping trick above so only entities placed in special regions receive the warp technology bonuses.

Bugs: (0.8.8 prelease)

* The warp harvester teleporter allows revisiting the old surface.
* Warp harvesters teleport doodads/decals which can extend beyond the original area. Inside the base I had a patch of grass that extended onto the special tiles and then out into the void! Would be worth doing a cleanup step to remove these at the edges.
* Warp charge seems very high! Though this may be intended as before just warping out every 7 minutes made early game a bit easy.
* Warning concrete does not always indicate where special entities are about to appear. Researching Warp Platform Logistics spawns entities not on pre-marked warning concrete. Note the overlapping pipe and loader: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
* Warning concrete can be mined. By not setting it as a 'placed' tile this can be avoided.
* No game over condition? There should be a special entity on the surface that the player has to defend. Maybe if the warp platform entrance wasn't invulnerable...

Ferlonas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ferlonas »

No game over condition? There should be a special entity on the surface that the player has to defend. Maybe if the warp platform entrance wasn't invulnerable...
From that perspective, it makes sense to have the warp reactor on the surface. If it is destroyed, the resulting explosion destroys the entire planet (possibly the entire universe, i.e. all planets, so you can't just send it away to build a normal factory wherever you're currently at)

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

__warptorio_planet_smog__/control.lua:22: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 19) near <eof>
Error with smog planet when starting a new game.

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

Error while running event warptorio2::on_init()
__warptorio2__/control.lua:1979: attempt to call method 'GetSurface' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__warptorio2__/control.lua:1979: in function 'MakeCarebearChest'
__warptorio2__/control.lua:1990: in function <__warptorio2__/control.lua:1987>
When enabling "It is dangerous to go alone, take this (if you can't survive the first few planets)"

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

Bug reports should be posted in the mod discussions so they can be tracked.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio2/discussion
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio ... discussion

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Idea: Warp foundry. Furnaces built on this floor are swapped with a different prototype on build that has baked-in productivity. Maybe: Floor also gets the benefits of Warp Beacon tech.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Idea: Warp storage tech. Between floor chests will never be full. If they get too stuffed, items go to the "warp storage" inventory and can be retrieved by setting filters on unloaders.

Idea: Cloned platform. Can be deployed multiple times. Cloned entities are in-operable and non-mineable to eliminate being used to duplicates.

Sneak555
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sneak555 »

the warp reactor seems far too weak to me; dispite using a *far* more powerful fuel at 4x the rate (160MW instead of 40), it powers only a couple turbines at full speed.

(my setup is using a warp-heatpipe to port the temp from the reactor on the top floor to a set of heat exchangers in a row of pairs all attached to a single line of heatpipes).

so yeah, seems bugged to me or I'm missing something major here.

Return to “Mods”