Topics and discussion about specific mods
Saeuissimus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.17] Research Queue: The Old New Thing

Post by Saeuissimus »

Type: Mod
Name: Research Queue: The Old New Thing
Description: Allows players to queue research, filter research according to required science packs, and automatically queue prerequisites for desired tech. The current maintainer is Saeuissimus. Originally developed by Mr Doomah, with updates by Doomquill, Chrisgbk and thelordodin.
License: Image
Source: GitHub
Version: 1.7.0
Release: 2019-03-24
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.17.4
Category: Helper Mods
Mod-portal-URL: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/research- ... -new-thing

This mod is based on the old Research Queue. The first experimental releases can be seen here.

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Research Queue: The Old New Thing

Post by MisterFister »

Playing Factorio v0.17.68. What's the deal with vanilla research queueing behavior? Is that some sort of achievement-unlock, such as after a rocket launch in a previous playthrough? I migrated to a different gaming laptop, so I'm not sure if the new install (with cloud save enabled through Steam) properly migrates previous-playthrough achievements.

In v0.16.x this mod was one of my must-haves. I installed it again today, and popup (I think it was an in-game popup, not sure) explains that one of the overlays manipulates the vanilla queue behavior, such that I'll have two parallel queues where the game will favor the vanilla.

Do I just let it ride and continue using this one? I still haven't unlocked green science yet on my map because I've been too busy fighting the sylvan menace. What does this mod do that vanilla doesn't, and how do I access the vanilla behavior?

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Default behavior unlocks the queue after the first rocket launch, per playthrough/map. Alternatively go to the last tab when starting a new game and change the setting there to always. Wish always could have been just the default since it gets forgotten often when starting a new map...

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

I could've sworn that I saw this and responded with a thank you a while ago, but thank you for that info.

I'm still also curious about interactions between this mod and the vanilla. What happens when running both at the same time? What features, if any, does this mod introduce that vanilla doesn't?

Return to “Mods”