AAI Automatic Zone spreading and Marking (works like fire!)

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
EpicSlayer7666
Inserter
Inserter

AAI Automatic Zone spreading and Marking (works like fire!)

Post by EpicSlayer7666 »

i just finished playing with AAI V0.16.51 on making a Zone marker that spreads like fire! you put a Vehicle ID or a player ID in and it will be followed by a small zone that scans around him or it (3x3) and if it detects ores that the Vehicles can mine, it will tag them with a blue marker.

the blue marker detects if it self is under iron or copper or stone or coal, next it chooses a color to convert the blue zone to. while it is doing this, it scans around if there is more ore to turn to blue. so all colors looks around while being iterated through for other empty squares to turn blue, the blue ones them self looks for more empty spaces so it spreads rather fast!

the reason i have a initial color is that MANY zone squares takes time to iterate through. BUT you will always have very few blues so those will always spread fast.
AutoZone.jpg
AutoZone.jpg (235.28 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

EpicSlayer7666
Inserter
Inserter

Re: AAI Automatic Zone spreading and Marking (works like fire!)

Post by EpicSlayer7666 »

also wanted to add, there might be mistakes in the components but the final one works as intended... what i REALLY want to add is also, i just started using the Networking cables yesterday.

here is what it looks like:
AutoZoneFull.jpg
AutoZoneFull.jpg (173.64 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

EpicSlayer7666
Inserter
Inserter

Re: AAI Automatic Zone spreading and Marking (works like fire!)

Post by EpicSlayer7666 »

Also wanted to Add just to explain, i did not use any electric poles of any types in this (powered by far from a super long range power station from Bio Industries i think) so you can add your own from any mods and do not need to put ones you do not like only to remove them right after the bots placed them. (so you do not need to worry about wire, only power.)

Return to “Combinator Creations”