Hide Obsolete

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Hide Obsolete

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Suggest that you have the option to hide crafting recipes you consider obsolete.
You would use some kind of button in the crafting menu to enable change mode. Then, you click on any recipes, dimming them. Then when you hit the button to go back to regular mode any dimmed recipes are hidden.

This would not prevent automatic craft queuing from working. It would not effect assembler allocation. It would however prevent accidental burner inserter crafting.

Most importantly, it would reduce the amount of crap you have to navigate on the crafting menus, which tend to have a lot of things you stop using once you tech up.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Hide Obsolete

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. +1

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Hide Obsolete

Post by hoho »

+1, this would be awesome.

FatMcK
Inserter
Inserter

Option to obsolete reciepes

Post by FatMcK »

Hi,

just build a bunch of burner inserters by misclicking and came up with the idea that it would be really handy if we could obsolete reciepes we don't want/need anymore.

In detail, in the crafting gui we may get the option to obsolete reciepes by a special mouse/keyboard combination which will simply hide them in the gui. On the lower right corner of the gui there will be a checker named "show/hide obsolete" which will toggle between showing all recipes or non-obsoleted only. With the same mouse/keyboard combination the reciepes could be unobsoleted, too.

Obsoleted reciepes would still be usable by auto crafting, means if you have obsoleted copper cables and wooden planks you still could produce small poles by just clicking them.

Obsoleting should work both for the characters crafting gui and for the assemblers (and chemical plants, etc.), but the show/hide obsolete checker should be handled individually. So you could hide the obsolete reciepes on your character only but shown in the assembler, or you could hide it on both, etc.

I think with this option we could gain some overall view in the crafting guis, even more if new reciepes gets added over time. And I think I am not the only one that stops using more or less reciepes sooner or later in the game or will never produce them by hand again after they are automated. Looking at my current game there are more then 60 reciepes (out of around 150?) which I would obsolete if I could.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Option to obsolete reciepes

Post by SHiRKiT »

I like the idea but only for the manual player inventory crafting, not for assemblers. Love it.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

This is the same idea as this one: 4450

Consider this an application for the monthly necro award.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

merged
ickputzdirwech wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:01 am
Consider this an application for the monthly necro award.
This is awarded to the annual necro. :D
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”