Shouldn't blueprint strings be the same?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Shouldn't blueprint strings be the same?

Post by Jon8RFC »

When ticks aren't even a factor, such as in map editor, shouldn't the strings themselves be the same for the exact same thing? They're different in-game, too. Is this a bug, or is it intended to make different strings for the same thing?

https://youtu.be/sTzrx57BjYk

4 entities? 4*3*2*1=24 possible blueprints just by moving the location on the map, and not even rotating it. 10 entities? 10*9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2*1=3,628,800 possible blueprints.

I'm sure there's some small code to it that coincidentally cuts down the possibilities, but I'd expect one design to have one blueprint string to cut down on duplicates and "what makes this blueprint different than this seemingly identical one?". The entities in json are listed in a different order, all depending upon where the pre-blueprint entities are located on the map, it seems.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Shouldn't blueprint strings be the same?

Post by Rseding91 »

The entities are added to the blueprint in the order they're found in the world. If you've built them in a different location or different order in the world then they'll end up in a different order. We don't sort them when put into a blueprint because it simply doesn't matter that they're in different orders.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”