(Re)Naming 2

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

(Re)Naming 2

Post by ssilk »

Moved from general cause discussion finished and mainly dependend to the wiki

It seems not, that there is much interest about this theme (see https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=5611 ) but I think I need to push this again. Sorry.

This is the current state of work:
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... n_page_new

The main-changes are in the center under "Playing the game":
- Transport Network dropped
- Electric network: Electricity. Distribution is about the poles and cables, which are currently quite underrepresented. Electric networks is about the handling of more than one electric network. It distincts also between fuel powered (which includes steam) and solar powered to enhance that one does pollution and the other not.
- Liquids network: Liquids and as special case the Oil processing. Pipe physics should be about the (sometimes magical) behavior of pipes (no concrete plans yet).
- Crafting network: Crafting.
- Native live instead of Enemies (but including)
- Military is an own chapter, maybe could be put later into an own box
- Circuit network and Logistic network is now under "Smart devices". I think this change makes this whole "circuits"-stuff quite logical. Smart devices are currently only the smart inserter and the smart chests.
- Railway network is Railway
- I introduced the Robotic working areas, which includes the Roboport, Construction and Logistic areas
- More about construction, cause I think there will be much more changes in the future (the devs already mentioned, that there is a planning mode needed)
- And the robot logistic itself, which is about the chests and how and in which order the robots move stuff from one to the other (which is currently quite splitted view).

There are some more changes (just compare the current main page with the new main page).

The point why I need feedback is, that this influences the game in some ways; I don't want to be in such a role (ok, a bit :), but really very, very little).

And of course to get more input/suggestions. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Apotheosis
Inserter
Inserter

Re: (Re)Naming 2

Post by Apotheosis »

This belongs in the Ideas and Suggestions forum.

If it's just about the wiki then the Wiki forum and wiki Talk pages exist for a reason.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It's here, cause it belongs to all of these three... see other post.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

Yeah... No.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hmmmm. Maybe I'm wrong/right. That's the point.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

No opinion on the suggestions, but this is clearly supposed to be in the Wiki subforum.
Impartial modding here I'd say.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arl85 »

While I understand that where to put this thread can be an interesting discussion about how to moderate a forum, etc...,I'll focus on suggestion.

For me proposed name changes are good (I don't think network has lot of meaning in these cases, so dropping the suffix it's ok).

But I think you should not try to find a big consensus (or better: try, but if nobody seems to care, ignore consensus and go on): you already proposed the change, nobody complained extensively (IIRC) and every change on wiki can be reverted.

I suppose only few people have interest in discussing about "how to name" concepts, and I think the change will be accepted without problem: we are still a growing community, so changing wiki now should not create big problems (if I can find information, who cares the section name they are under?)
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

The main thing is that some measures need to be adressed in-game for them to work.

Return to “Wiki Talk”