[0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Roadk7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17+] Space Exploration WIP

Post by Roadk7 »

Love the mod. ~100 hours into the save, have two space sciences automated, but only at 2/m, hoping with upgrades the footprint gets smaller.

my question is, im getting pelted with meteors ever minute, and its just annoying at this point. the point defenses stopped working a while ago, and even when they were firing, i was still taking damage. its especially bad on my space base.

i tried deleted the lua files for meteor info, changing the damage to 0, changing the skip_tick to something massive, nothing seems to stop the onslaught.

any idea on how to just turn this feature off?

chadawahee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chadawahee »

I have a good 200h on one map now and I am up in space have just setup all the new space sciences.

I need to congratulate the creator of this mod, this mod folks is a true gem. It adds a ton of stuff on gameplay level that the most seasoned players among us will enjoy. This alone makes it a great mod.

And there is way more, especially the graphics on this one are through the roof. The details of all the new space exploration buildings are insane, that shows some real real talent! The logistics with rockets required for maintaining you space factory is really well done and implemented. it is awesome.

Being a relatively new mod, you won't find many standard Blueprints online yet for this mod and you will be challenged (specially with fluid management) on getting things setup in space efficiently.

as stated earlier, this one is a true gem. Highly recommended!

dorthak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dorthak »

Really enjoying this mod. One of my absolute favorites.

Two ideas for future additions, if you are continuing to add more content (don't know if they've already been suggested):

1) Powersats and rectennas. Basically, generate power on your station in orbit (with solar panels), then beam it down to the planet. Would need some sort of transmitter and reciever structures.

2) Ortillery. Orbital artillery. Basically, drop rocks from orbits to kill bitters. I'm thinking manual mode, like with artillery controller, but unlimited range and much faster time-on-target. Probably extremely high power requirements.

And if these already exist in the modpacks, we'll, I guess I haven't gotten that far yet :)

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

dorthak wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:57 am
1) Powersats and rectennas. Basically, generate power on your station in orbit (with solar panels), then beam it down to the planet. Would need some sort of transmitter and reciever structures.
Those turn out to be relatively impractical in the real world. YMMV on in-game, which already has plenty of distance from reality. At this stage, though, a 5MW transmitter was looking for ~ 14x14KM of receiver panels for microwave power.
dorthak wrote:
2) Ortillery. Orbital artillery. Basically, drop rocks from orbits to kill bitters. I'm thinking manual mode, like with artillery controller, but unlimited range and much faster time-on-target. Probably extremely high power requirements.
You just want the Orbital Ion Cannon I think.

atomheart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by atomheart »

Roadk7 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 pm
Love the mod. ~100 hours into the save, have two space sciences automated, but only at 2/m, hoping with upgrades the footprint gets smaller.

my question is, im getting pelted with meteors ever minute, and its just annoying at this point. the point defenses stopped working a while ago, and even when they were firing, i was still taking damage. its especially bad on my space base.

i tried deleted the lua files for meteor info, changing the damage to 0, changing the skip_tick to something massive, nothing seems to stop the onslaught.

any idea on how to just turn this feature off?
+1

I think it would be neat to have a late game meteor shield or force field defense system. Instead of being out right destroyed, meteors could be deflected somewhere else, meaning you could start placing them near important infrastructure when you start crafting them, but could eventually cover your entire base. Since you're deflecting meteors, everywhere not covered by the buildings shield will a higher chance of being hit. Late game, cover your entire base and meteors will rain down outside of your base on alien nests. You could even cover everywhere inside of your base except for a square and potentially farm meteors. Would especially be neat if meteors had something unique to mine

dorthak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dorthak »

slippycheeze wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:28 pm
dorthak wrote:
Those turn out to be relatively impractical in the real world. YMMV on in-game, which already has plenty of distance from reality. At this stage, though, a 5MW transmitter was looking for ~ 14x14KM of receiver panels for microwave power.
Well, whether they are practical in real life is an open question. But 14x14km in real life is probably 10 tiles square in factorio? :) Just how big is a nuclear power plant IRL?
dorthak wrote:
You just want the Orbital Ion Cannon I think.
Will have to check that out, thanks!

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

dorthak wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:35 pm
slippycheeze wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:28 pm
dorthak wrote:
Well, whether they are practical in real life is an open question. But 14x14km in real life is probably 10 tiles square in factorio? :) Just how big is a nuclear power plant IRL?

A tile is 1 square meter, so 14,000 x 14,000 tiles. :) You are 200 percent on the money for the (lack of) connection to reality though.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Here is a suggestion: it would be great if we had two colors for space pipes and freely convert between them. With the amount of pipes going both in an out two colors would make the base more readable and easier to trouble shoot: one color would be in, one would be out.

If we can make it to space and use quantum computers, we can paint a pipe :P !

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

I'm new to this fantastic mod and am researching material science and soon will start astronomic science.

When doing material science, it takes a material catalog and a significant insight. I accidentally did not fully explore the tech tree/recipe list and while making material science, I did not use material catalogs to produce significant insights. Instead, I produced them using astronomic insights. Oh well, at least I have a build ready for astronomic science :).

I'm guessing it is the same. The recipes are the same and probably the size of the build is similar.

Which leads my to my question/problem: I've attached my significant insights build. It is moduled and not quite scaled up for 100%, but it is close enough. Yet the build is ridiculously large and it produces enough significant insight for 1.5 material science/minute.

Is this normal for the first tier of tech or am I doing something wrong? I could fully scale up the build and then it would do 2-3 material science/minute, hardly an improvement.

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
03.png
03.png (2.95 MiB) Viewed 6813 times

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Zyrconia wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:27 am

Which leads my to my question/problem: I've attached my significant insights build. It is moduled and not quite scaled up for 100%, but it is close enough. Yet the build is ridiculously large and it produces enough significant insight for 1.5 material science/minute.

Is this normal for the first tier of tech or am I doing something wrong? I could fully scale up the build and then it would do 2-3 material science/minute, hardly an improvement.
Yup, I'm 100% sure you are not supposed to scale up the basic catalogs.

I went in, increased the build size so that the supercomputers are not starved for mats and went up from 1.5 to 1.8 science/second. With a bit of extra tweaking it will be 2... Big mistake. Not to mention how ridiculously large my moduled cooling solution is.

So I started working on broad catalogs and it looks like you will get a 100% productivity on that. I'll update once the build is done.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug...
2019-08-27_20-58-59.png
2019-08-27_20-58-59.png (36.37 KiB) Viewed 6750 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

and not normal works in
2019-08-27_21-12-19.png
2019-08-27_21-12-19.png (72.67 KiB) Viewed 6744 times

Pestus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pestus »

Hello all!

Fantastic mod! About as good as the original game. I can't actually believe the amount of effort put in here. Endless extra entertainment.

We have figured out how science works, we've got universal simulation and are working through the higher tier catalogs.

Our issue is biological science. We can't seem to avoid it crashing. Usually biosludge runs out. Significant biomass is either produced in far too little amounts to keep up with the other branches of science, or experimental biomass production will over extend the biosludge cycle. We can't quite figure out how to arrange it to avoid it all stopping on us. We've rebuilt and retooled the various buildings extensively to experiment with it.

Can we get a hint here? I'm getting the distinct impression that this was a balance challenge that was thrown in intentionally and our issue was intended. Or are we over thinking this or doing it wrong? I hope we weren't intended on perpetually chopping down trees on terrestrial worlds as we arent well setup for that.

Thanks all!

EDIT;

I should clarify that we are using the decontamination facilities properly as well, so we have all the various cycles working correctly. We are also careful with methane/biosludge crude production that it doesn't interfere.

Vlad0s163
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vlad0s163 »

Fix PleaseImage
Attachments
2019-09-03_20-01-37.png
2019-09-03_20-01-37.png (29.05 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
2019-09-03_20-01-37.png
2019-09-03_20-01-37.png
2019-09-03_20-01-37.png
2019-09-03_20-01-37.png

aotenshin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aotenshin »

Same here

dorthak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dorthak »

Update just came out, problem fixed.

Crow Sirloin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crow Sirloin »

does anyone know how to fix this
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.07.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.07.48 PM.png (26.36 KiB) Viewed 6326 times

Roadk7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Roadk7 »

~250 hours in (maybe 100 AFK) AMAZING MOD THANK YOU

just unlocked the tech for deep space science, did the math with helmod to figure out how big of a production factory i need.

am i doing something incorrectly, or do i need thousands of buildings, all with speed 9s, just to get to 1 science per min of the 5 space packs? just for the bio packs alone i need something like 700 growth labs and 900 biochemical labs. the buildings alone would be rough on UPS, but each of those has a complicated liquid fueling scheme (which i loved in the early space game, dont get me wrong, this whole thing is really well done). I dont think I'll be able to get 1 s/m and come away with even 30UPS.

maybe consider adding 2-3 more tiers of buildings of each type. or adding space beacons. or both. even requiring 10 packs of each before unlocking the next tier would be a huge task.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D hello people please fixed
what code needs to be removed or set so that the generation is uniform, and not like in the photo square there are a lot of resources, and after the resources are not there, so if the resources were configured a lot, it would also be a lot like in the square.

This is all due to the mod. disconnected it all the rest are normally randomized

какой код надо удалить или поставить что бы генерация была равномерной, а не как на фото квадрате много ресурсов, а после ресурсов нет, так что бы ресурсы если настроено много - было также много как в квадрате.

Это все из за мода. отключил его все остальные нормально рандомят
2019-09-05_21-45-49.png
2019-09-05_21-45-49.png (127.12 KiB) Viewed 6201 times

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Hi, I can't get into my IR,Krastorio,SpaceExplo game since your mod have a booboo...can you fix quick please? Whats up with this? Or maybe those mods shouldn't go together? I heard Industrial Revolution and Krastorio works quite good together, and I see Spax is an optional dependency for Krastorio...so what now?

Here's a screenshot:
kill it kill it quickly

Return to “Mods”