Friday Facts #51 - First MP Game

Regular reports on Factorio development.
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #51 - First MP Game

Post by -root »

cube wrote:
-root wrote:As the factorio australian in residence i confirm this to be true. Our internet speeds bite the big one :D
Everything is poisonous and internet connection like this... how can you live there?!?
As far as countries go, its not too bad.

The way I look at it, I trade shitty internet and the fauna being able to kill you for all the horrible things we see in other countries. (eg. ISIS in Iraq. The mass shootings in the US. The list goes on.) Its just a matter of perspective.

However, that doesn't prevent me complaining about it :D Our lovely politicians have just recently decided to shelve a Fibre Internet project that would have brought us on par with the rest of the world when it comes to our internet speeds. Instead, they've opted for something that is probably 10years out of date and isn't a patch on anything some countries have.
silman wrote:Venoms must be injected directly into your blood stream in order to take effect (you can drink a glass of snake venom and it probably won't harm you)
The lethality of some Aussie snakes would make that something you wouldn't want to bet on

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silman »

-root wrote:
silman wrote:Venoms must be injected directly into your blood stream in order to take effect (you can drink a glass of snake venom and it probably won't harm you)
The lethality of some Aussie snakes would make that something you wouldn't want to bet on
I would never risk it, but according to many sources that i have read as long as there are no open wounds in your digestive tract (including your mouth), the venom would be broken down in your stomach and be harmless.

But we have digressed....

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MF- wrote:
To quote my australian friend. "They're doing a minecraft, this is a bad thing."[CITATION NEEDED]
How do you know what minecraft sends over the network?
Was minecraft ever using the peer-to-peer concept?
Actually, Doing a minecraft wasn't refering to the peer-to-peer system as stated here, they always used a server based system, it was more in reference to how poorly their network implementation was.

As for places to live... I'd say the UK is a great place if it wasn't for the shitty government, I mean... no deadly wildlife, the worst natural disasters is flooding, temperate climate, though I wouldn't bet on having a sunny day too often. But then, the taxes, and all the other crappy government BS...
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

tecxx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tecxx »

my wife is SO waiting for multiplayer.
actually, i am the one who is waiting for multiplayer, to play factorio with my wife :)

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

tecxx wrote:my wife is SO waiting for multiplayer.
actually, i am the one who is waiting for multiplayer, to play factorio with my wife :)
This is a better love story than twilight.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

-root wrote:
cube wrote:
-root wrote:As the factorio australian in residence i confirm this to be true. Our internet speeds bite the big one :D
Everything is poisonous and internet connection like this... how can you live there?!?
As far as countries go, its not too bad.

The way I look at it, I trade shitty internet and the fauna being able to kill you for all the horrible things we see in other countries. (eg. ISIS in Iraq. The mass shootings in the US. The list goes on.) Its just a matter of perspective.

However, that doesn't prevent me complaining about it :D Our lovely politicians have just recently decided to shelve a Fibre Internet project that would have brought us on par with the rest of the world when it comes to our internet speeds. Instead, they've opted for something that is probably 10years out of date and isn't a patch on anything some countries have.
Well the person you just replied to lives in a country with no mass shootings, no homovore critters, no terrorism and one of the fastest internet speeds on the planet :D

I guess they do have some shitty politicians but that's a global issue. At least they don't celebrate christmas in the summer, drive on the wrong side of the road or walk upside-down :P

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

I was playing multiplayer Factorio with the developers today, it is quite fun and quite playable already. We played in three people maybe one hour, got to green science and steel production. The game resyncs every one minute or so, which is not much problem, and there were a few crashes which will hopefully solved soon. So it should be playable over LAN soonish.

Return to “News”