[kovarex] [0.17.66] Inventory Transfer does not work when Stack Transfer uses the same mouse button

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
catalyst518
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.66] Inventory Transfer does not work when Stack Transfer uses the same mouse button

Post by catalyst518 »

This is with the current experimental, although I'm not sure when the bug was introduced since I haven't played in a while, and on a save with no mods enabled.

Here are my usual control bindings:

When attempting an Inventory Transfer, items instead move as if I were doing a Stack Transfer. I expect all my inventory of the same type to move when I shift+Mouse5, but instead all my current stack moves.

The Inventory Transfer works as expected if I delete (or set to anything besides the mouse button used for Inventory Transfer) the Stack Transfer binding like so:

I've repeated this with a character inventory to a car inventory, train inventory, and chests. Note that I use a similar control scheme for the Inventory Split and Stack Split bindings, but they behave as expected.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(4.65 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
factorio-current.log
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.66] Inventory Transfer does not work when Stack Transfer uses the same mouse button

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended: those 2 keys directly conflict with each other and stack transfer wins every time. The game only sends 1 of those actions and it happens that stack transfer is the first to be checked so it's the one sent.

You simply can't bind them to the same hotkey if you want them both to work.

If anything, I could add a error message if someone does it. But that seems excessive at the moment.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

catalyst518
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] Inventory Transfer does not work when Stack Transfer uses the same mouse button

Post by catalyst518 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 am
You simply can't bind them to the same hotkey if you want them both to work.
It makes complete sense that I can't set both equal to just Mouse 5. I think you're overlooking the fact that I added a Shift key modifier on the Inventory Transfer (Shift+Mouse5), and the bug report is that the game is ignoring the extra Shift key assignment when the mouse action alone would usually trigger the Stack Transfer. It's hard to demo this in a video since it relies on also knowing my inputs, so here's a chart of events:

In stable 0.16.51 with this control scheme (same as what I intend to use in 0.17.66):

while hovering over a stack of items in the character inventory with a chest (or similar) open:
Input: Mouse5 -> Event: Transfer stack selected (Stack Transfer as expected)
Input: Shift+Mouse5 -> Event: Transfer all items from inventory matching stack selected (Inventory Transfer as expected)
Input: Mouse4 -> Event: Transfer half stack selected (Stack Split as expected)
Input: Shift+Mouse4 -> Event: Transfer half of all items from inventory matching stack selected (Inventory Split as expected)

In 0.17.66 with the same control scheme:

while hovering over a stack of items in the character inventory with a chest (or similar) open:
Input: Mouse5 -> Event: Transfer stack selected (Stack Transfer as expected)
Input: Shift+Mouse5 -> Event: Transfer stack selected (Stack Transfer, not the expected Inventory Transfer) ***This is what I'm reporting as a bug
Input: Mouse4 -> Event: Transfer half stack selected (Stack Split as expected)
Input: Shift+Mouse4 -> Event: Transfer half of all items from inventory matching stack selected (Inventory Split as expected)

The bolded line is the different, unexpected behavior in 0.17.66 versus 0.16.51. It seems the game is ignoring the Shift key modifier being pressed and just executing a Stack Transfer. Note that the game does account for the Shift key modifier as expected for the Split actions (assigned Mouse4 and Shift+Mouse4 in my controls).

I think my title could have been worded better to avoid your misinterpretation.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Simply changing Stack transfer to "Mouse Button 5" and Inventory Transfer to "Shift+Mouse Button 5" and even removing all possible conflicts will still cause Stack transfer to activate instead of Inventory Transfer when pressing "Shift+Mouse Button 5". So this is clearly a bug.

It was most probably caused by the fix to this 67585

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.66] Inventory Transfer does not work when Stack Transfer uses the same mouse button

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next release now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”