Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

bmmtstb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by bmmtstb »

Hey to all,

first yay Github

Second is there any way to mass produce Steam? I want to use some recepies with steam in them and I Speedmodded all the factories and no amount of (electric or other) boilers can keep up with craftingspeeds beyond a few hundred... Is there a way to speedmod boilers as well? :idea:
My solution for now is produce it elsewhere and tank it over... But pipes... and I dont see a way to barrel it up for robots to carry, like the rest of the fluids are...

Greetings

PS: I love AngelsBobs... currently with ERP and SpaceX

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

Do beacons work with electric boilers? Can't say I've ever tried it. There's no built in module slots unfortunately.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am
Unless maybe if you run out of coal and don't have oil/gas yet ?
Not sure about the amounts involved...
It takes two coal to create a single sulfur. You'll be using a couple thousand coal for starting fuel and will be shifting to cleaning coke as soon as possible. This should result in 200,000 - 400,000+ sulfur depending on ore generation within your starting area. More than enough to get everything done if you're confined to your starting area for some reason.

That doesn't include the other processes that make it easy to get sulfur in abundance either, so there's never a sulfur problem when you can make mountains of it with each method.

bmmtstb wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:20 pm
Second is there any way to mass produce Steam? I want to use some recepies with steam in them and I Speedmodded all the factories and no amount of (electric or other) boilers can keep up with craftingspeeds beyond a few hundred... Is there a way to speedmod boilers as well? :idea:
My solution for now is produce it elsewhere and tank it over... But pipes... and I dont see a way to barrel it up for robots to carry, like the rest of the fluids are...
Electric boilers are far less efficient than fuel boilers (Almost 40% less steam I believe), but if you require massive quantities of steam that even fuel burners can't provide then you might want to consider nuclear for that. Reactors help generate remarkable amounts of steam to handle over a hundred turbines simultaneously, so there's no process that can't be managed by switching to nuclear.

Just prepare a lot of fluid trains if you're not building it close by. Also, pumps are your best friend when it comes to fluids so use them often.

bmmtstb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bmmtstb »

Electric boilers are far less efficient than fuel boilers (Almost 40% less steam I believe), but if you require massive quantities of steam that even fuel burners can't provide then you might want to consider nuclear for that. Reactors help generate remarkable amounts of steam to handle over a hundred turbines simultaneously, so there's no process that can't be managed by switching to nuclear.
I know that, but they are way easier to (not) fuel and i can place lots of them at a time. I now use a mod wich gives tier4 Electric Boilers, they are acceptable, but why is there no way to speed mod boilers?

Nuclear is a good suggestion, I will look into that!

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Regardless of what gets decided about who is going to maintain what going forward, I hope that the repository is made public so that it's easy to submit pull requests.

Gentil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gentil »

Hello, is it planned to add compatibility with AAI programmable vehicle, I tried to use the crawler using the remote control of AAI programmable vehicle but the latter does not want to move forward, and even if you want to manually move it forward it does not move

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Gentil wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:37 pm
Hello, is it planned to add compatibility with AAI programmable vehicle, I tried to use the crawler using the remote control of AAI programmable vehicle but the latter does not want to move forward, and even if you want to manually move it forward it does not move
I can look into that. However, I see the crawler as a basic version (like a burner miner versus electric miner). I rather implement this into the upgraded version, also known as the C.A.B.

I don't have a lot of experience with AAI and how to use the modding interface for it, but I'll have a look (when I have more time). No promisses, but I like the idea.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Gentil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gentil »

All right, can solve the problem with the crawler which is similar to the one of the cab I told you about, the robots can no longer come to recharge, enter the crawler, so they go to the nearest roboports

Gentil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gentil »

I tested angels industries, with angels cab, and bob equipment vehicles and I found that the basic equipment, those of bob equipment and those of self-drive cannot be placed in angels cab, and by disabling angelsindustries, the elements of the mods listed above are placeable in the cab.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Sorry I haven't read everything, just the last 3 pages. My question is, is the mod currently in working, fairly balanced state? Or did thing happen between .16 and now that make it unworkable? Looking to start up a new game. Cheers

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

I've been playing a game with Angel's Infinite Ore mod installed. It seemed that the infinite sections, just didn't run out when the others did. Producing no more than any other normal spot.

Yesterday's patch notes for v17.65
- Fixed that mining drill covering more than 1 infinite resource showed the mining speed as sum instead of average. (74443)
- Fixed that infinite item based resources with yield of more then 100% didn't actually mine more. So yield of 260% for example means that it mines 2 resources and 60% probability of 1 extra.
Now the miner produces huge amounts of ore per cycle. I think it is the percentage of spots, some over 4000%. This mod may need to be nerfed if it is no longer in line with the vision of the mod. Or was this the intended effect?

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Can you add sheets for all metals?

jgb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jgb »

Molay wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:20 am
Sorry I haven't read everything, just the last 3 pages. My question is, is the mod currently in working, fairly balanced state? Or did thing happen between .16 and now that make it unworkable? Looking to start up a new game. Cheers
I have been playing an AB run for the past week or so. The only issue I see is that oil/gas will spawn in/near ore patches and then you'll either have missing patches in the pattern of the oil patches, or you'll have oil in the middle of your ore field. Doesn't happen often enough to be game breaking, just an occasional nuisance.

By the time you get to the point where you encounter any kind of bug, it will likely be fixed at this point, with 0.17 stable due to be released next week. Of course I am optimistic :)

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

Might just wanna run RSO (Resource Spawn Overhaul) with it to be sure. Though the annoying thing about that one that I'm experiencing right now is that all my ore patches only have like a couple of hundred per square, so I need to replace miners constantly.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The overlap issue should only occur in games that were updated. Games started with the most recent version should be fine. If not there is still something wrong with the resource generator.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Dune wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:44 pm
I've been playing a game with Angel's Infinite Ore mod installed. It seemed that the infinite sections, just didn't run out when the others did. Producing no more than any other normal spot.

Yesterday's patch notes for v17.65
- Fixed that mining drill covering more than 1 infinite resource showed the mining speed as sum instead of average. (74443)
- Fixed that infinite item based resources with yield of more then 100% didn't actually mine more. So yield of 260% for example means that it mines 2 resources and 60% probability of 1 extra.
Now the miner produces huge amounts of ore per cycle. I think it is the percentage of spots, some over 4000%. This mod may need to be nerfed if it is no longer in line with the vision of the mod. Or was this the intended effect?
Question is how much yield an infinite field should now show, I can set the richness to be multiplied with a factor which will lower the yield it starts of with.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:10 pm
Question is how much yield an infinite field should now show, I can set the richness to be multiplied with a factor which will lower the yield it starts of with.
I'd return the question, if the field was just supposed to be infinite, IE never run out but produce as it would if it were regular ore? Then each tile should be 100%. In a new game, the richness setting only sets how much material the tile will have, not how much it produces per cycle of the miner. IE, the higher the richness the longer an ore patch lasts.

This is how I'd set it up, to keep the current behavior and to have vanilla behavior if the user wants it.

First, I'd let the user decide if they want plain infinite, or extra. It could be a field, with a default of 100, for base production percent per tile. Let the value be from 0 to max positive value. A tool tip saying that, "Each increment of 100% is the amount of ore received per cycle of the miner, and any value between 1-99% is a percent chance of an (extra) ore. The amount received is dependent upon which of the possible 25 tiles under the miner is being mined at that moment."

Two, a random field(s) depending on how lua and the gui works for you. To be added to the first, IE 100-500, would add 100-500 random value to each tile of the First field. So if the default was 100, it'd be in essence 200-600. The default for this field might be 0-0, representing vanilla miner behavior.

Angel, will this work?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Note that (rate) depletion is also a factor worth considering tweaking...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ober3550 »

A while ago I requested a setting within Angels Refining to allow for all ore types spawning (bobs and vanilla) and I do appreciate the boolean that was added but its created a headache for Orzelek and I. This is mostly because I have to set this boolean for vanilla generation aswell as Orzelek checking if Angels refining is present and if my mod is present and if my setting is active. And what I've come here to say, is that it'd be easiest to actually add a proper setting within Angels Refining (default false) that does exactly this so that I don't have to be messing with booleans and compatibility. And when it comes to my mod. I can just have it as one of the many settings within the modpack dist on my github.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ober3550 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 pm
A while ago I requested a setting within Angels Refining to allow for all ore types spawning (bobs and vanilla) and I do appreciate the boolean that was added but its created a headache for Orzelek and I. This is mostly because I have to set this boolean for vanilla generation aswell as Orzelek checking if Angels refining is present and if my mod is present and if my setting is active. And what I've come here to say, is that it'd be easiest to actually add a proper setting within Angels Refining (default false) that does exactly this so that I don't have to be messing with booleans and compatibility. And when it comes to my mod. I can just have it as one of the many settings within the modpack dist on my github.
It would be in Angels infinite ores because thats where the ores are. At least thats how I thought it works :D

Return to “Angels Mods”