Licensing for Multiplayer - Clarification Questions

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
T__C
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Licensing for Multiplayer - Clarification Questions

Post by T__C »

I want to play a game with my three nieces and nephew. They don't have Factorio licenses. To get them licenses, I must create four new accounts and buy Factorio under each account, right? If instead I buy four new copies under my account, that would be a mistake, because even though I might technically have five licenses, I would still be limited to only one player in multiplayer, right?

And, unless I'm mistaken, the usernames I choose for the accounts matter because in internet multiplayer games, the name shown above the player in the minimap is the account username, and there is no way to change what is displayed there. Is that correct?

(Yeah, I know Adamo partly answered this in my earlier post. I just want to make sure I understand clearly before I put my money down for four more licenses.)

-TC

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Licensing for Multiplayer - Clarification Questions

Post by Adamo »

I'm not sure about buying a license under one account for another account. What I can tell you is that any person who wants to use the in-game multiplayer listings to join and host games will need their own licensed account with a unique user name.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

You can also gift them a Steam key, either via Factorio.com, or direct from Steam.

IIPoliII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by IIPoliII »

You can or buy each of them a licence creating a new account or what i would do is simply do not check the players identity then you can't play on public servers anymore on 0.17 but you will be able to join each other "freely" pepoles like you deserve theses solutions until your three nieces and nephew will be able to pay for this awesome game !

Return to “Multiplayer”