Production ratio not working in 0.17

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Production ratio not working in 0.17

Post by Quax »

I changed to 0.17 just recently, and for some reason my production setup does not work, although I calculated it and checked with the Factorio calculator:

I want to produce the automation science pack. My personal calculation resulted in a setup where one assembly machine producing gear wheels would be able to support 10 assembly machines producing the automation science pack. Doublechecked witht the Factorio calculator, which gives the same result:

However, the in-game result shows that this setup doesn't produce enough gear wheels. As a matter of fact, the last two assembly machines won't produce a science pack as they never get a gear wheel:

I'm rather clueless about the reason behind this ...

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Production ratio not working in 0.17

Post by DaveMcW »

The output inserter is the bottleneck.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Yes. It was obvious the moment I hit the "Submit"-button and returned to the game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

To diagnose stuff like this open the machines in question and check their input and output buffers

You can also simplify this by putting copper and gears on the same belt. Then you don't need long-handed inserters

Return to “Gameplay Help”