[MOD 0.15] ModuleInserter 2.0.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] ModuleInserter 2.0.0

Post by Choumiko »

Fixed in the latest update. Bobs enables productivity modules in beacons which executes code i never tested for 0.17

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

The mod Bucket Wheel Excavators appears to thoroughly crash the mod: it errors out in the GUI if you select one, and click the module slot; saving with one present but without modules does nastier things to the state, and breaks the GUI on display, apparently forever.

Repro, based on exactly what I did:
1. open the GUI, no configuration present.
2. add one oil rig, with 3 x prod 3 modules.
3. save as "standard".
4. install the Bucket Wheel Excavator mod, restarting game obviously.
5. open the GUI (config shown, no string in the preset name)
6. click the second device slot, select mk3 bucket wheel
7. click the module slot -- crash
8. click save
9. open the GUI -- crash

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Thanks for the report. Should be fixed in the latest update

Oil rig = Pumpjack? Mine has only 2 module slots, so either a typo or you have a mod that increases the slots or ModuleInserter displays it wrong. Could you check which it is?

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Choumiko wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 am
Thanks for the report. Should be fixed in the latest update

Oil rig = Pumpjack? Mine has only 2 module slots, so either a typo or you have a mod that increases the slots or ModuleInserter displays it wrong. Could you check which it is?
Sorry, the "Oil Rig" is a product of the Cargo Ships mod, and is an oil extraction device that sits on water.
It is a cloned pumpjack that explicitly increases module slot count to 3. Your code is absolutely correct in handling it.

I tossed up even mentioning it, but figured that there was a remote chance that it was the root cause of the problem, doing something that broke the *next* item in the configuration through some magic. Then I forgot the critical detail of where it came from. -_-

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Compatibility Issue with Industrial Revolution:

Hi, i am trying to use Module Inserter with Industrial Revolution, but i assume IR renamed the "modules" tech to modules 1, so i cannot open the GUI. I have walked through the source code a bit, but i cant find the spot where this dependency has been set. I definitely have modules researched. Can you please give me a hint where to look for the tech dependency for the quickbar or how to force enable the module inserter?
20190918221412_1.png
20190918221412_1.png (145.92 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
NVM: I just found this usefull command in the Wiki:

Code: Select all

/unlock-shortcut-bar
works for the quickbar case, but the GUI still doesnt open. As far as i remember there should be a Button on the top left corner? It isnt there and no error in the log file.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

I found four lines referencing "construction-robotics". I think that might be the trigger technology.

@Choumiko: With IR, I think should be changed either "industrial-roboports" or "deadlock-bronze-construction", whichever the player chooses to research first.

I couldn't quickly get it enabled in my current game where I've already researched both of those technologies, but that's mostly a matter of me not knowing what to type.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

myricaulus wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:18 pm
Compatibility Issue with Industrial Revolution:

Hi, i am trying to use Module Inserter with Industrial Revolution, but i assume IR renamed the "modules" tech to modules 1
IR collapses the set of 10 vanilla technologies related to modules down to 3, internal names:

deadlock-modules-1
deadlock-modules-2
deadlock-modules-3

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Yepp, after some fiddling around and debugging without barely any clue about factorio modding i now know how to add a button to the GUI with mod_gui and which event fire at which time within the data lifecycle :-D. Well that was a fun endeavor, thanks to you deadlock :-D. Anyways, the problematic line was indeed

disable_technology("construction-robotics")
i also figured out quite fast, thanks:
DaleStan wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:16 pm
I found four lines referencing "construction-robotics". I think that might be the trigger technology.
and not "modules" as it was described within the tooltip of the quickbar item ;).

So after changing the trigger technology to that one i was currently researching and waiting for it to finish i can now finally use module inserters, hooray! Seems to work normally so far.

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

DaleStan wrote:
@Choumiko: With IR, I think should be changed either "industrial-roboports" or "deadlock-bronze-construction", whichever the player chooses to research first.
Definitively deadlock-bronze-constructor! This one is like 2 hours ingame, while industrial-roboports is more about 20 hours? How about "personal-roboport-equipment"? That would be in between with maybe ~5 hours.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

myricaulus wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:34 pm
DaleStan wrote:
Definitively deadlock-bronze-constructor! This one is like 2 hours ingame, while industrial-roboports is more about 20 hours? How about "personal-roboport-equipment"? That would be in between with maybe ~5 hours.
In IR, early steambots are unlocked by "deadlock-bronze-construction". Vanilla construction bots are unlocked by "personal-roboport-construction". However these technologies do not depend on each other, it is possible to ignore steambots and go straight to vanilla bots. IR has a similar issue with unlocking the vanilla blueprint-related quickbars - quickbar prototypes can only be set to be automatically unlocked by one technology, so it has to run a check in on_research_finished and unlocks any shortcuts that are set to the other technology.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

ModuleInserter should now unlock if either the steambots or the normal construction bots are researched.
myricaulus wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:18 pm
Can you please give me a hint where to look for the tech dependency for the quickbar or how to force enable the module inserter?
The shortcut for ModuleInserter must be from another mod? I'm not aware that i added that :)

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Choumiko wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm
ModuleInserter should now unlock if either the steambots or the normal construction bots are researched.
Thanks for doing that, Choumiko.

figsoda
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by figsoda »

Assigning keybinding doesn't work.

Solution:

-- data.lua: line 5 - line 12
    {
        type = 'custom-input',
        name = 'get-module-inserter',
        key_sequence = "",
        action = 'create-blueprint-item',         -- add
        item_to_create = 'module-inserter',    -- add
        consuming = 'none'
    },

newbmaster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by newbmaster »

I recently installed the mod, but when I click on the shortcut bar, nothing happens. No GUI opens up. On mouseover of the button, it says "Module Inserter (Not Set).

Return to “Mods”