[0.17.60] Fluid train should empty on station but 0.8 left and prevent to leave station

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.60] Fluid train should empty on station but 0.8 left and prevent to leave station

Post by DOSorDIE »

What i did:
Build a Fluid train with 4 tanks and set it to empty on station

What i expected:
All tanks are empty after pump disconnect and the train leave the station

What wrong:
Fluid train with 4 tanks should empty on station but 0.8 left in 1 tank and the pumps are disconnected will prevent to leave station

Comment:
Here the save: http://www.clanweb.org/FluidUnloadBug.zip I stand next to the train who it happend
It was on a community Multiplayer Server and it happend on some of that very rarely (all few hours).
But i test it local and it happend too.
Quick fix was to set fluid < 1 to leave station

Thanks for the hard work on my favorite game!

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.60] Fluid train should empty on station but 0.8 left and prevent to leave station

Post by slippycheeze »

To save looking at the, haha, save: are you using the "train is empty" condition, or a "fluid <whatever> <= 0" condition?

The later is (was? far as I know, still is) subject to an annoyance that the fluid level is rounded down from the actual floating point value to an integer, so 0.8 == 0 as far as the circuit network is concerned.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.60] Fluid train should empty on station but 0.8 left and prevent to leave station

Post by DOSorDIE »

But the train wont start and the pumps are not connected anymore.
So when i use empty on train thats happend sometime ... but with < 1 it wont happend.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

This is a classic case of using the circuit network with the fluid conditions,

The circuit network says it has 0, but the fluid wagon actually has 0.8

Moving to minor issues

Also you don't really need to have a circuit condition on the pump, just let it pump out all the time

Return to “Minor issues”