Set Cargo Wagon Filter

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
eveatch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Set Cargo Wagon Filter

Post by eveatch »

How do I set the cargo wagon filter? I'm using a Mac with a mouse that doesn't recognize the middle mouse button capability of the Mac. Command - Middle button therefore does not work for me. How can I change this setting? I don't see it in options.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Set Cargo Wagon Filter

Post by Zavian »

I can't check atm, but I think that you can rebind that to some other key mouse combination in the settings.

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheBloke »

eveatch wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:05 am
How do I set the cargo wagon filter? I'm using a Mac with a mouse that doesn't recognize the middle mouse button capability of the Mac. Command - Middle button therefore does not work for me. How can I change this setting? I don't see it in options.
The name of the binding is "Toggle Filter". You'll find it in Settings->Controls->Inventory.

The default binding for macOS is Cmd-Right-Click, for the reason you mention: most macOS users don't have a mouse with a middle mouse button.

If you're playing the latest 0.17 releases on the opt-in Experimental branch, there's currently a bug that prevents Cmd-Right-Click from working. You'll need to add a binding for Cmd-Left-Click until the bug is fixed. You can put this in the secondary binding so that Cmd-Right-Click remains bound, and can be used again when the bug is resolved.

EDIT: Developer posila just updated that bug to indicate it'll be fixed in the next release, 0.17.63.

If you're on 0.16 (or a 0.17 release prior to 0.17.59) then that doesn't apply, and you should find that Cmd-Right-Click works for you immediately.

eveatch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eveatch »

Much thanks TheBloke. I remember having trouble with this in v0.16. I think the default was some sort of middle mouse button click. I have el cheapo mouse from China and am unsure of it's ability to play nice with macOS. I just changed the key binding for toggle filter (to some key sequence) and it worked. This was the first time I tried it in v0.17. It used to be the same setting for the quickbar, back when it was an inventory slot. The v0.17 re-made quickbar does work with command-RMB, but it may well no longer be tied to the same key binding.

Return to “Gameplay Help”