Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by doppelEben »

Astrella wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:53 pm
I seem to be having the Rubyte only spawning around Coal issue as well, I thought maybe it was just a new way for it to spawn at first but now I'm in need of more lead to continue to basic circuit boards but there doesn't seem to be any Rubyte in the area.

I know a fix for it. Or no, its not a fix, its more like a workaround... I installed and activated "Angels infinite Ore"-mod. I set all infinite-things to 0 that I dont have any infinite Ores on the map, so it dont affect any gameplay that the mod is activated, but it fixed the generation for me. now spawning full fields of rubyte for lead f.E. And I edited the space-exploration mod aswell so that the incompatibily-list isnt set so I can use both at the same time. Until now I got no errors. Hopefully it stay so :)

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Astrella wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:53 pm
I seem to be having the Rubyte only spawning around Coal issue as well, I thought maybe it was just a new way for it to spawn at first but now I'm in need of more lead to continue to basic circuit boards but there doesn't seem to be any Rubyte in the area.
The current solution is to enable this setting if you're not planning on using RSO:

Astrella
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Astrella »

Thank you both, I ended up adding RSO and using it's "regenerate resources" command.

reeverdark
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by reeverdark »

Hi all,

I too and having the Rubyte issue... to say its spawning only around coal is prob incorrect to say... from my observation its would be better to say coal is super imposing it, and if you set coal patches to be larger Rubyte vanishes completely... this suggests that both coal and Rubyte are spawning in exactly the same locations, Rubyte first then coal over the top, and coal being the larger of the two, it destroys the Rubyte completely.

I can't use RSO as im also using space exploration which refuses to work if its on.

On a side note i'm also having an issue with any sort of water pump... i'm not sure if its angels, or bobs that makes this change, but, to make a pump you need basic electronic circuit boards, the ones that need components to make. The issue here is that to make the components you need angels Carbon, that now needs steam, which without a pump to get water to turn into steam, you can't make...

In short this is a closed loop i seem to be getting, were i can't make carbon without a pump and i cant make a pump without carbon.

I don't know which mod made it so this was a thing (needing basic electronics for offshore pump), whether its bobs or what, but is there a fix for this?

Edit:: Did a test, and if you disable coal, Rubyte will spawn on the map just fine...

Edit edit:: Found a odd issue between Angles bio processing and Cargo ships. The fish in angels, unlike in vanilla are colliding and cause damage to all moving objects in water.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

reeverdark wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:04 pm
edit:: Found a odd issue between Angles bio processing and Cargo ships. The fish in angels, unlike in vanilla are colliding and cause damage to all moving objects in water.
I have both running, angels bio processing and cargo ships. I have no issues at my end so far

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

*JAWS music starts to play*
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by batorfly »

Oh no i can't have Fuel Oil :(
Press and Nutrient Extractor output/fluidbox doesn't work. Machine is full, but pipe is empty. I thought about other mods like assembler pipe passthrought, but i suppose it has nothing to do with it cuz this isn't a assembler...

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

batorfly wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:36 pm
Oh no i can't have Fuel Oil :(
Press and Nutrient Extractor output/fluidbox doesn't work. Machine is full, but pipe is empty. I thought about other mods like assembler pipe passthrought, but i suppose it has nothing to do with it cuz this isn't a assembler...
You seem to have a mod that messes with fluidboxes, the press only has one output box, in the screenshot you showed it has two. There are only two kinds of crafting machines really in factorio (well three if you count rocket silos), they are either assembler type entities or furnace type entities.

batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by batorfly »

Ah, so it is "Assembler Pipe Passthrough" Indeed, sorry for that. I shall go whine about it in the author's page :)

CriticalGENERAL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CriticalGENERAL »

I have encountered a problem with the Infinite ores mod, in the recent changelog it was listed that pymods has been added as of 0.8.10, but no matter what I do I cant seem to find them or activate them in anyway. now everything else works just fine, it is ONLY the pymods part of the infinite ores that is not working as they don't show up in any way, so its leading me to believe that maybe I am not changing a setting that I need to look for or maybe they are not actually added and im just going crazy? I have no idea, so I am here using the forums for the 1st time to maybe get some insight into my problem.

also: I am just using Bobs, Angels, Pymods, and PyCoal Touched By an Angel. I have been loading up a fresh sandbox level for my testing each time so I can roam the map far and wide but all I ever encounter are normal Pymods patches, never infinite patches (as in the small percentage of normal patches that are set to infinite)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

CriticalGENERAL wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:31 am
I have encountered a problem with the Infinite ores mod, in the recent changelog it was listed that pymods has been added as of 0.8.10, but no matter what I do I cant seem to find them or activate them in anyway. now everything else works just fine, it is ONLY the pymods part of the infinite ores that is not working as they don't show up in any way, so its leading me to believe that maybe I am not changing a setting that I need to look for or maybe they are not actually added and im just going crazy? I have no idea, so I am here using the forums for the 1st time to maybe get some insight into my problem.

also: I am just using Bobs, Angels, Pymods, and PyCoal Touched By an Angel. I have been loading up a fresh sandbox level for my testing each time so I can roam the map far and wide but all I ever encounter are normal Pymods patches, never infinite patches (as in the small percentage of normal patches that are set to infinite)
They're definitely added and it works. Should show up as small chunks in the center of each patch. Might be a conflict with something abpy.

I'll look into it.

CriticalGENERAL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CriticalGENERAL »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:15 am
CriticalGENERAL wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:31 am

They're definitely added and it works. Should show up as small chunks in the center of each patch. Might be a conflict with something abpy.

I'll look into it.
Many thanks, I've spent most of the day trying to troubleshoot this and keep coming up empty.

Tunasz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tunasz »

I just found a small bug: Unknown key: "item-name.angels-electrode-used".

JEF11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JEF11 »

You might want to re render these.
angelsrefining_0.10.14\graphics\icons\angels-ore3\
angelsrefining_0.10.14\graphics\icons\angels-ore3-HR.png

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

JEF11 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:26 pm
Why?

JEF11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JEF11 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:57 am
JEF11 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:26 pm
Why?
I'm not sure if these look like intended.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltlyk063lhgb6 ... e.PNG?dl=0

boneskull
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by boneskull »

Hi,

I'm having some weirdness with infinite ores. They work with sulfuric acid when placed on infinite resources with uranium, iron, copper, and stone, but not coal. I get "missing required fluid" even when the drill has acid.
20190812225245_1.jpg
20190812225245_1.jpg (681.78 KiB) Viewed 5865 times
I'm using latest version. After reading some posts about a related issue, I tried downgrading to v0.8.0, which does not exhibit the problem. It looks like maybe the fix for petrochem sulfuric acid broke vanilla?

Thanks for this great mod!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

boneskull wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:17 am
Hi,

I'm having some weirdness with infinite ores. They work with sulfuric acid when placed on infinite resources with uranium, iron, copper, and stone, but not coal. I get "missing required fluid" even when the drill has acid.

20190812225245_1.jpg

I'm using latest version. After reading some posts about a related issue, I tried downgrading to v0.8.0, which does not exhibit the problem. It looks like maybe the fix for petrochem sulfuric acid broke vanilla?

Thanks for this great mod!
Hover over the ores to see what fluid they require. Coal needs regular water as far as I remember.

boneskull
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by boneskull »

You're right, it's water. Easy to miss that one. Thanks. Sorry pipes, time to go...

axelsword
Inserter
Inserter

Post by axelsword »

Edit
if any1 is interested add the following line to angelspetrochem_0.8.6\prototypes\petrochem-generate.lua

Code: Select all

angelsmods.functions.make_void("liquid-aqueous-sodium-hydroxide", "water")
Sodium hydroxide solution doesn't have a void recipe. It would be really great to get rid of solid sodium hydroxide produced from the electrolyzer.
Thanks

Return to “Angels Mods”