[Mod 1.1] Factorio Bitumen 3.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.16.04] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Yeah. I tend to forget that people use the high-res versions too.
I will patch it asap.

We are hoping to add someone with adequate 3D/graphics skills to our small team, but until that happens focus will be mostly on core functionality development.

Getting the graphics for the resource exactly right has proven to be a bit of a puzzle, so still working on updates for that.
Its impossible to go back and respawn the resource map for a base with a lot of development. So I prioritize to get the resources into updates asap, but off course they should work and not throw an error.

Thanks for posting and merry christmas! :)

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.16.04] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Outstanding to-do list:
technology-basic-bitumen-dl.png
technology-basic-bitumen-dl.png (22.2 KiB) Viewed 6998 times

control.lua
recheck high-res function
solve the napalm damage upgrade hook-in problem
rework the technology requirementsv
graphics for pavement
nuts and seeds
in-situ fireflods

rewrite techology namesv and technology descriptionsv
redo the tar sands graphics in zig-zag fashionv
emulsion and charges v
Fracking station redo: solve the mining-drill fluidbox situation for frackingv
reheatingv
ratios for synthetic crude oil conversionv
landfill from depleted tar sandsv
split techonologies based on recipesv
bitumen "bricks"v
ratio redo tarsands-bitumen-solidsv
place-able asphalt - pavementv
graphics for shale formationv

pvc
gas canisters for omnifluid compliance
get started on entity graphics
Last edited by Shenpen on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.16.08] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Updates:
Name correction for High Science names
Tehchonology icons for Coca slurry and Ground coca leaves.
Last edited by Shenpen on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.16.08] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Issues:

Wrong or missing graphics (techology icons) for ground cocaleaves and other products. Caused by updates to high-rez graphics ?

Re-named items for production of Rocket Science, Drugged Science, High Science and other advanced science products. Need correction in locale file.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.17.31] Factorio DrugLab

Post by Shenpen »

Factorio Bitumen uploaded
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bitumen

Video: https://youtu.be/IBvRghWF0rE

Bugs: Fracking sludge ressource
Tab for products
Basic recipes

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Claviduck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Claviduck »

Hi there!

Great Mod! I appreciate the alterantive to angels/pyanodons petrochem chains. Since i love to get the angels/bobs flavour without actually using these I am trying to mash my mods together with the goal to mix all relevant stuff together. This works pretty good with the following: SimpleSilicon, Hexi´s Ore enrichment, Cargo Ships (so no oil patches on land), AAI, Space Exploration, Clowns Vanilla Nukular and Bio Industries. It works pretty decent and is atmospheric, espacially when using mining space industries too. Obiously though, there are some overlapping recipes, but no big deal so far. I do not know about balancing though, but that could be solved.
To get to the point, i want to suggest you that a big mod pack with a few fixes would be an amazing thing, even though i know that it would not be easy to achieve and much workload. My multiplayer experience with these mods tell me that many people are looking for an alternative like this...
Best Regards

Claviduck

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Thank you for your kind words.

Code: Select all

i want to suggest you that a big mod pack with a few fixes would be an amazing thing
If you suggestion is meant to effect some action on my part you will have to specify some action.

Claviduck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Claviduck »

Thank you for your reply. I have already collected a bit data:

-your depleted tar sands can be cleared to regular sand. this sand is a standalone sand that cant be used, for example, for space exploration sand recipes. In my eyes there should be only one type of "sand". since sand is usually made from stones it should not affect balancing in terms of quantity too much.

- there is one byproduct in your propane recipe, butane, that cant be used for anything (if i checked correctly). it would be cool if it had any kind of fuel value (not too much), to use it for energy production in the KS Power burner. I think there are more byproducts which should all have at least a fuel value to actually "use" it, which means fun at least for me :D

- the lime products could be mixed in the conrecte production, possibly as an alternative recipe.

These are the main aspects where i would love to see changes from your side. It would not be your standalone mod anymore, but could enhance the use of other mods.
I hope that i can find more time experimenting with your mod and others to give further feedback.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Thank you for your fine suggestions.

I will take my time looking into this and try to find good solutions.

Butane was meant to serve as an additive in production of synthetic crude oil from bitumen.
Not sure why that slipped away, but it now has a recipe.

Im not sure that you can ever burn liquids though. Hence the need for solid fuel. As far as I know liquid fuels have been suggested a few times, but rejected on the basis that it is complicated in terms of the needed code or costly in terms of ups.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Added a glass recipe that is compatible with SE
Attachments
glass recipe added.png
glass recipe added.png (687.71 KiB) Viewed 6039 times

Claviduck
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.17.54] Factorio Bitumen

Post by Claviduck »

Thats super nice! Thank you so much! I already integrated this recipe to my playthrough...

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Spawning in a big shale rock formation:

Code: Select all

/c for y=0,20 do
	for x=0,20 do
		game.player.surface.create_entity({name="Shalerock", amount=100000, position={game.player.position.x+x*7-7, game.player.position.y+y*7-7}})
	end
end

Claviduck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Claviduck »

I am still trying out many things with your mod. Despite beeing completely new to modding and programming, i started to read the code from your mod. On this basis i am planning to do my own mod with dependeny on yours as well as some others. It will touch the coking and smelting area and i am trying to keep it a bit in your style. The coke mod is already available and the iron smelting mod will be ready hopefully soon. Maybe you want to have a look?

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

My mod-code is a great place to get started if you know nothing about coding. There is nothing complicated about what I have done, because I simply don't have the skills for that.

Coke would be a great addition to the bitumen stuff. I will certainly have a look.

I remember running some kind of coke-mod way back, but yours is a new one I gather.

Perhaps use a better item-icon:

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/bu ... 96255.html
coke128.png
coke128.png (31.02 KiB) Viewed 5920 times
coke-icon.png
coke-icon.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 5920 times
Last edited by Shenpen on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

What I need to figure out is how to make an alternative recipe for asphalt (using tar) active in case your mod is loaded and then put a soft dependency to the mod.

Claviduck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Claviduck »

Yeah soft dependencies would be very nice to have. But i do not know how to use them yet.
I added the mod "Iron Smelting". It brings advanced recipes for iron, steel and copper. There is a dependency to "Bitumen" since there there are recipes including lime-pebbles, crushed manganese ore and high-steel. (also the copper recipy produces minimal ammount of your gold, who knows what it will be used for...)

Claviduck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Claviduck »

Also, i added your suggested icon for coke.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Scientists have spent decades trying to create artificial enzymes capable of cranking out important chemicals and fuels at an industrial scale with performance rivaling their natural counterparts.

Researchers from Stanford University and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory have developed a synthetic catalyst that produces chemicals much the way enzymes do in living organisms.
amm-catalyst128.png
amm-catalyst128.png (9.09 KiB) Viewed 5839 times
For the experiment, the researchers designed a catalyst made of nanocrystals of palladium, a precious metal, embedded in layers of porous polymers tailored with special catalytic properties. Most protein enzymes found in nature also have trace metals, like zinc and iron, embedded in their core.

With the success of the carbon dioxide experiment, Cargnello and his colleagues have turned their attention to converting methane, the main ingredient in natural gas, into methanol, a chemical widely used in textiles, plastics and paints. Methanol has also been touted as a cheaper, cleaner alternative to gasoline fuel.

"We took our inspiration from nature," said senior author Matteo Cargnello, an assistant professor of chemical engineering at Stanford. "We wanted to mimic the function of natural enzymes in the laboratory using artificial catalysts to make useful compounds."

"Our long-term goal is to build a catalyst that behaves like methane monooxoygenase, a natural enzyme that certain microbes use to metabolize methane."

"An artificial catalyst that directly converts methane to methanol would require much lower temperatures and emit far less CO2," Riscoe explained. "Ideally, we could also control the products of the reaction by designing polymer layers that trap the methanol before it burns."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 112216.htm

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

Palladium oxide supported on TiO2, Al2O3, La2O3, Nb2O3 and SiO2 served as water oxidation catalysts. The following test reaction was employed: TiO2- and Al2O3-supported catalysts functioned most efficiently. It has been shown that palladium oxide (4.4%) supported on TiO2 is very stable, no degradation being observed after 20 turnovers. The reaction was shown to be first order with respect to Ce4+.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 029085064O

Return to “Mods”