Bus Base Seed

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Trialfire42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bus Base Seed

Post by Trialfire42 »

Hello I am new to Factorio.

I am looking for a good bus-style map seed.

If anyone has one or knows where I could find one that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :D

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bus Base Seed

Post by slippycheeze »

Trialfire42 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:45 am
I am looking for a good bus-style map seed.
What, specifically, for you, defines a "good" bus-style map from a bad one?

...because the most trivial answer is "turn water off, or to 25 percent coverage, and every seed is a good bus-style map seed.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

You could try and generate some map with no cliffs and big starting area too, reducing pollution and biters spawn or even turning them in peaceful, could help getting a sandbox-like environnement for learning the game.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

mmmPI wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:04 pm
You could try and generate some map with no cliffs and big starting area too, reducing pollution and biters spawn or even turning them in peaceful, could help getting a sandbox-like environnement for learning the game.
I'm torn about saying it, but the railworld default might be a great way to get that. Pushing resource frequency back to 100 percent and starter area larger, not touching anything else, would certainly make for a semi-sandbox: entirely safe until well into the game, when you get surprise-destroyed by the biters. ;)

All that said... mmmPI, I really want to say you are going about this the wrong way. I think a great deal of the fun in the game comes from two main things, in my experience: working around arbitrary restrictions, and from messing up then doing better next time.

Ask yourself, would you be better off if your map wasn't great, and you had to figure out how best to handle an inconvenient cliff or something? If you decide no, that cool, everyone has their own taste, but ... at least ask?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

slippycheeze wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:13 pm
All that said... mmmPI, I really want to say you are going about this the wrong way. I think a great deal of the fun in the game comes from two main things, in my experience: working around arbitrary restrictions, and from messing up then doing better next time.
I had never implied i found bus map fun, it is different ! I would advise a flat desert map with no biter and much ore to make a good main bus map, that's simple and straightforward, they are all the same, except for ressources location, but that doesn't matter that much ( unless op wants a seed were ressources are abundant, well distributed and stuff. )

That's my vision of a "good bus map" , that was the first systemic approach i had, at first i was building organically/chaoticaly when i started the game, then main bus, after that you could improve/remake part of your main bus , or try a different approach like a grid-like base or dedicated factory etc.

Maybe i'm wrong maybe a "good bus map" is a small island full of cliff, :D because that makes it a real challenge and else main bus tend to be repetitive and boring, NOT the few first though, as the first 1 is always a mess/achievement/pride i guess, or atleast gives you idea for improvement for the 2nd one, and maybe the 3rd one you try a harder map, but after several, it felt reusing the same things for me.

So i would agree that a great deal of the fun in the game comes from working around arbitrary restrictions and from messing up then doing better the next time. Even though i do not conclude from that in the same way :D

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:42 pm
slippycheeze wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:13 pm
I had never implied i found bus map fun, it is different !
Entirely reasonable. :) Also, I didn't intend to suggest it wasn't, so I'm sorry that I did. :)

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”