pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

SajmonG
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

Post by SajmonG »

I have started a new game with pyanodon. I hav played for almost 90 hours. I can't find a way to mine diamonds (kimberlite) It's seem i need a volcanic pipe but i can't find one. I have built a few megadar to explore the map but I still can't find a volcanic pipe. Can someone help me?

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

SajmonG wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:58 pm
I have started a new game with pyanodon. I hav played for almost 90 hours. I can't find a way to mine diamonds (kimberlite) It's seem i need a volcanic pipe but i can't find one. I have built a few megadar to explore the map but I still can't find a volcanic pipe. Can someone help me?
Kimberlite is too rare. Try this command:

Code: Select all

/c local radius=2500
game.player.force.chart(game.player.surface, {{x = -radius, y = -radius}, {x = radius, y = radius}})

SajmonG
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SajmonG »

YunoAloe wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm
SajmonG wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:58 pm
Kimberlite is too rare. Try this command:

Code: Select all

/c local radius=2500
game.player.force.chart(game.player.surface, {{x = -radius, y = -radius}, {x = radius, y = radius}})
I found kimberlite! Wow, that was far away! Thank you.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Where's Kimby ?
Attachments
map_2019-07-12_17-07-17.png
map_2019-07-12_17-07-17.png (909.93 KiB) Viewed 7751 times
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:09 pm
Where's Kimby ?
Found it. Itsesst of the copper patch that is south of your character in the image

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

Kimberlite, you say? I have no idea how rare anything in this mod is supposed to be, considering the map I'm currently playing has EVERYTHING nearby, but here's just one spot near my base with the stuff. Something like 18 pipes in three patches all near each other. Guess RSO is being RSO? Didn't touch frequencies, densities, or size on the resources for this map, all default, and RSO appears to be default settings outside of having reveal spawned resources turned on.
20190713112509_1.jpg
20190713112509_1.jpg (529.51 KiB) Viewed 7680 times

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 pm
BlueTemplar wrote:
Where's Kimby ?
Found it. Itsesst of the copper patch that is south of your character in the image
Congratulations, you win a blanket ! :D

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

otakushowboat wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:32 pm
Kimberlite, you say? I have no idea how rare anything in this mod is supposed to be, considering the map I'm currently playing has EVERYTHING nearby, but here's just one spot near my base with the stuff. Something like 18 pipes in three patches all near each other. Guess RSO is being RSO? Didn't touch frequencies, densities, or size on the resources for this map, all default, and RSO appears to be default settings outside of having reveal spawned resources turned on.

20190713112509_1.jpg
I think that frequency for Kimberlite was upped at some point.. unless I meant to do that and forgot.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

(FYI, my screenshot is latest 0.16, without RSO, seed 2042730517, all resources set to Frequency : Normal, Size : Very Small, Richness : Very Poor - also, those work in a radically different way in 0.17, *especially* Frequency.)

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Where's Kimby ?
There is a second one far west at the lake. :D

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

And a 3rd at 10 o'clock.

TheMegaMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheMegaMan »

New error?

ErrorLoading.png
ErrorLoading.png (19.97 KiB) Viewed 7478 times

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

The recipe only got a probability put in without having an amount anymore. I'm guessing putting in amount=1 inside there will fix it.

Edit: but it looks like it just got fixed anyway.

In any case, while we're talking about it, this actually didn't fix any of the issues with early helium. All it really did was buff cooking regular stone into dry gas stream, without even changing the efficacy of liquid clean air (since you get 5x less dry gas stream but get 5x more helium per unit of dry gas stream). Sure you reduced the amount of ethanolamine required to process dry gas stream, but the amount wasn't really the problem. The problem was making any of it at all. You still can't make any of it without already having super alloy, which itself consumes helium, so you're going to need to use either liquid clean air or (with PH) natural gas to get your first super alloy anyway. (And natgas doesn't really work either because ethylene glycol costs more than it's worth.) Under those circumstances, the liquid clean air recipe is going to have to really really suck if you expect players to switch over to regolite ASAP.

If you want us to use regolite, take the super alloy out of the regolite mine, use some easier-to-make solvent for processing dry gas stream, and maybe outright remove the stone -> dry gas stream recipe (because that's impossible to balance, since it's so trivial to spam).
Last edited by Blokus on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Fixed.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

Issue caused by game version 17.60:

Laser turrets now require blue science. Laser turrets are required for molybdenum mines. Molybdenum plates are required for aramid, which is required for stainless steel, silicon wafers, and cladded cores, which are part of circuit board 2 production, which is required for blue science.

Basically, there is a soft lock now when trying to get blue science due to the requirement for laser turrets for molybdenum mines.

There are mods that revert the 17.60 changes that people can use in the interim if they want to progress past this soft lock prior to it being fixed in the mod itself, or do not use 17.60.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

thanks, will be solved today
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aljo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aljo »

It's really not a big deal, but all of your mod portal descriptions end with:
feel free to comment in the factorio foruns:
As much as I like a good spelling error, reminds me we're all human, I thought I'd let you know.

Unrelated, the mod description says it's incompatible with "Bobs". Is that all Bobs mods, or just a select few? I pretty much always use Bob's logistics and whatever the inserters one is, and I'm fairly unwilling to part with the inserters one. QoL inserters > not needing more solar panels as often, basically. But I wouldn't mind having to ditch anything else if I had to, the mod looks/sounds interesting. I don't really check the foruns all that often so I might not see your reply for a while.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aljo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:15 am
It's really not a big deal, but all of your mod portal descriptions end with:
feel free to comment in the factorio foruns:
As much as I like a good spelling error, reminds me we're all human, I thought I'd let you know.

Unrelated, the mod description says it's incompatible with "Bobs". Is that all Bobs mods, or just a select few? I pretty much always use Bob's logistics and whatever the inserters one is, and I'm fairly unwilling to part with the inserters one. QoL inserters > not needing more solar panels as often, basically. But I wouldn't mind having to ditch anything else if I had to, the mod looks/sounds interesting. I don't really check the foruns all that often so I might not see your reply for a while.
bobs inserters is fine to use as is. the rest of his overhaul mods while im not sure if they'll actually stop the game from loading need pycoaltbaa to handle any incompatibility issues. granted its not actually updated for bobs recent changes yet. as i dont remember what logistics does on its own i cant give any guarantees how well things will go. if you have any issues please make a post here (viewtopic.php?f=219&t=59268) and ill get it fixed asap

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

There're very strange bug with recipe for production science pack - py recipe and vanilla recipe and they all exist together! :!:
There's a solitary technology that has no links with other technologies and it is intended only for the recipe for vanilla production science pack
Playing with py mod pack + vanilla, have no mods which changing science packs
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Weigoo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Weigoo »

Where is the formula of titanium tetrachloride?

Return to “PyMods”