Re: [MOD 0.17] Deadlock's Crating Machine

Post by mrvn »

slippycheeze wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm
mrvn wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:56 am
Illiander42 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:31 pm
"More Accurate Player Size Compared to Vehicles" is a mod that does 90% of what squeak through does, as far as I can see. Seems to work by making the player BB smaller.

Also, I have a bug when I use version 1.5.0 or later of crating with 0.0.4 or later of Bob's intergrations. Complains it can't find "machine" or something.
Squeak through lets you move between pipes and other entities that touch because the reduced collision box opens up a gap between them, No amount of reducing the player collision box should have the same effect.
Are the pipes actually gapless, though?
Think about it. If there where any gaps between two pieces of pipes the vaccum would leak out. I mean the crude oil would spill.

In vanilla pipes connect to each other without gaps to squeak through. On the other hand boilers have a gap between them. They magically teleport the water from one boiler to the next.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:24 am
In vanilla pipes connect to each other without gaps to squeak through.
We can walk over belts in vanilla. Could be the same with pipes.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

If people think vanilla pipes should be collision-free then they could pick any one of the billion "idea and suggestion" threads about it. Squeak Through also has its own thread. None of these things have to do with crating or belts.

This thread literally vibrates in my pocket so if it could stay on topic it would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to turn it off and look at requests/questions in a less timely manner.

Much obliged.

Kag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kag »

Any chance to add an option to research this earlier? Requiring belts and automation would be understandable, but waiting until I have blue research lube and engines is a little long for crating 1.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Kag wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:57 am
Any chance to add an option to research this earlier? Requiring belts and automation would be understandable, but waiting until I have blue research lube and engines is a little long for crating 1.
Zero chance of that happening, sorry. Where the tech should be unlocked is an opinion. My opinion at the time was that something which makes yellow belts up to 40x as powerful in the blink of an eye should be at least mid-game research. The mod literally makes crated yellow belts outclass uncrated blue belts by an order of magnitude. So it stays where it is. This mod isn't going to change now and is a gnat's whisker away from being unsupported anyway. The mod has a GNU license.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Kag wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:57 am
Kag: Writing a tiny mod that simply changes the unlock for the crating machines is rather simple. I suggest writing that yourself. It's good practice.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

This mod is now deprecated. It has a GNU GPLv3 license so anyone is entitled to fork it and maintain their own public version as long as that published version has the same license and credits my and shanemadden's work on it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:18 am
This mod is now deprecated. It has a GNU GPLv3 license so anyone is entitled to fork it and maintain their own public version as long as that published version has the same license and credits my and shanemadden's work on it.
Why did you depreciate it? I only ask as I think I'll make a fork and keep it active as I have used it and do like this mod.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:18 am
I'm about to do this and call it Deadlock's Crating Revived. I can remove your name from it if you'd like, though I think it would confuse people if I did. I will not change the item names so that it can be used in place of your deprecated mod. But, changes to cosmetics involving your name I'm willing to make if you tell me which you would like. I want to make sure you get credit for having made it, but also wish to respect your wishes in regards to whether or not you want to be associated with it any longer.

I may have posted it by the time you respond, but I will make requested changes within the given bounds regardless.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

mitchellhalliday on GitHub was kind enough to open a pull request for a 0.18 update, which I did some quick testing on and have released. Note that the mod is still marked as deprecated in the portal, so it won't show up in search result pages but (I think?) should still be available for install in-game; users updating an existing install should receive the update through the normal process.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

shanemadden wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:24 pm
mitchellhalliday on GitHub was kind enough to open a pull request for a 0.18 update, which I did some quick testing on and have released. Note that the mod is still marked as deprecated in the portal, so it won't show up in search result pages but (I think?) should still be available for install in-game; users updating an existing install should receive the update through the normal process.
I would've opened a pull request, except that when I came here, I saw that Deadlock wanted to deprecate it, which is an indication that it will no longer be maintained or updated for any reason. The portal thinks the same thing, so it's now showing it as not deprecated because a new version has been uploaded. So, because of the deprecated tag and Deadlock's statement in this forum, I uploaded my own copy of it without bothering to create a pull request. I wasn't trying to be rude,.

I'm sort of irritated that I went to the effort (though it wasn't a LOT of effort, I'll admit) to revive the thing when I was under the impression that it wouldn't be updated and that any pull requests would be ignored. Had I known that wouldn't be the case, I would've submitted a pull request.

So, what would you like me to do with the Deadlock Crating Revived that a whole bunch of people have now downloaded?

Return to “Mods”