[0.17.58]Placing a train stop with an empty backers.json file crashes the game

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.58]Placing a train stop with an empty backers.json file crashes the game

Post by live22morrow »

As the title says, removing all names from backers.json, leaving an empty array will cause the game to crash when placing a new train stop. This error does not occur when placing other backer named buildings, such as the science lab. Having any names in the array (including only the blank string "") will prevent this.

The backers.json file used to cause this is attached. Save file is not included as it can occur on any file (the log file was made with a sandbox map made 10 seconds before).
Attachments
backers.json
(27 Bytes) Downloaded 142 times
factorio-current.log
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.58]Placing a train stop with an empty backers.json file crashes the game

Post by tehfreek »

I'm torn. On the one hand I want to say that this is self-inflicted, but on the other I can't help but feel that this should be an easy fix (check the length of the backer array before trying to use it, possibly even erroring out at startup).

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.58]Placing a train stop with an empty backers.json file crashes the game

Post by live22morrow »

tehfreek wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:31 am
I'm torn. On the one hand I want to say that this is self-inflicted, but on the other I can't help but feel that this should be an easy fix (check the length of the backer array before trying to use it, possibly even erroring out at startup).
Understandable, and I'm not exactly concerned, considering I posted a workaround in my post. I only posted because I found it strange the discrepancy between the train stops and the other named buildings. And in any case, I figured that if the input file can be changed in such a way to cause an error, that should at least be caught during startup, rather than leaving it to the crash handler (it already does so if you mess up the file).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”