[0.10.9] logistic count glitch

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.10.9] logistic count glitch

Post by arl85 »

item count on logistic chest has some glitches.

I did a test: on sandbox scenario I put 50 iron chest in an active provider chest. I also added a storage chest and a roboport with 100 robots.

you can find the savegame here (it is at 0.25 speed so you can see it in action easily - simply put the 50 iron chest into the active provider chest)
  1. 14 robots immediately departed to move them into storage chest (14 robots x 4 items/robot = 56 items) - "pickup" tooltip = 56
  2. Count of iron chest in "logistic system storage" tooltip becomes negative (50 - 56 = -6)
  3. when robots reached the active provider chest they recognized that 14 robots are too many, and only 13 are needed to transport 50 items (13 x 4 = 52) so 1 robot returned home (it should not have been dispatched at all)
  4. while transporting items, count is now 0 and "deliver" tooltip shows 50.
  5. While robots unload into chest, "logistic system storage" tooltip increase steadely, as soon a every robot unload.
What I expected was:
  1. "logistic system storage" tooltip always 50, since items are moving to a storage chest and so they will be available to the network in few seconds. Of course it should not happen if they are instead moving to a requester chest.
  2. in any case no negative value displayed
  3. "right" number of robots dispatched since the beginning (13, not 14 and then 13)
this directly influences smart inserters that are close to thresholds (ie: works if X < 10 when X is in an active provider chest - while moving value can go < 10 even if all 10 items are moving to a storage chest)
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.9] logistic count glitch

Post by kovarex »

Well, thank you for the report.

I agree that it would make sense to count the deliver values into the logistic system storage counts (as long as it is deliver to storage chest).
The extra robot is also strange, I will take a look at it.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.9] logistic count glitch

Post by kovarex »

I solved the problem with the extra robot for 0.10.10

About the counting the items on the way towards the logistic system totals: Although it is a nice change, it is not really a bug fix, just enhancement, and so I added it to our internal todo for 0.11.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”