pY Industry - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Industry - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Thanks to kingarthur, it was added an option to choose which kind of tank config the user want.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

MrPlate
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrPlate »

i'm thinking about:
3000L --> 5k
7000L --> 90k
8000L --> 160k
9000L --> 200k
10000L --> 300k

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

It's not unique to the tanks, but some of them block visibility to a large area behind them which is rather inconvenient. Also while it might be nice to have progression, changing the volume stored without re-rendering the graphics is liable to cause the forum to be spammed by false bug reports, like the disabled higher level Fawogae plantations do.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

MrPlate wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:21 pm
i'm thinking about:
3000L --> 5k
7000L --> 90k
8000L --> 160k
9000L --> 200k
10000L --> 300k
i had similar thought a long time ago also since u already made the xcel where would the M tank and the 12 way one capacity be ?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BigStorageTank

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ffff

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

Personally, i miss a 1x1 tank to be honest.
The point is, it doesn't take more space than a regular pipe but allows a circuit wire connection.

And there's one storage missing in the posted excel sheet, the tailings pond, which i am using for all non-gaseous fluids. However, as the current fluid mechanics go, big tanks doesn't really help much without pumps. And i am not using pumps currently because my world isn't that old and using pumps would mean i have to set up directionality to everything. I don't have the room between factories yet to do that.

What makes me decide what tanks to use is purely based on these factors:
  • Connections, i want more than one connection per side. (Unless it's a 1x1 tank)
  • Capacity being a power of ten number. 10, 100, 100, 1000
  • Footprint
So as you can see, the 100k tank is optimal aside from the footprint.

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

MrPlate wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:21 pm
i'm thinking about:
3000L --> 5k
7000L --> 90k
8000L --> 160k
9000L --> 200k
10000L --> 300k
This would make the 8000 tank more volume efficient than the 9000 tank (4.44 vs 4.08). I'm not opposed to different values, but they should have a good progression in both absolute capacity and also storage density as the footprint increases.
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 pm
i had similar thought a long time ago also since u already made the xcel where would the M tank and the 12 way one capacity be ?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BigStorageTank

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ffff
The big storage tank has 1,000,000 volume and a 15x15 footprint, so ends up at 4.44kV/A, exactly the same as the current 4000L tank (which you can fit a 5x5 array of in the same space as 1 big tank and get the same volume). With the proposed values it lands solidly above the 10000 tank for density, but comes with the obvious drawback that it's obnoxiously large. Not sure about the other one.
Cadde wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm
The point is, it doesn't take more space than a regular pipe but allows a circuit wire connection.

And there's one storage missing in the posted excel sheet, the tailings pond, which i am using for all non-gaseous fluids.
A 1x1 "tank" for circuits would be a nice QoL addition.
As for the tailings pond:
100,000 fluid in a 5x5 footprint puts it at 4.00kV/A. Still better than my proposed volume for the 10000 tank, but with the drawback that it can't store fluids.

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

I agree that the proposed table will be better than it is now, but 3000L mustn't be 10k because Angel's 2x2 inline tank is 20k. Also Bob's 3x3 tanks have marks that go beyond 25k. Top Angel's tank is 375k I believe, so it would be a nice idea to buff all volumes in the table further up by about 50%. At this time I use Py tanks purely for decoration, except the 2x2 one.
Cadde wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm
Yeah, and this too. 1x2 would also be cute. I have a 1k "valve" for this purpose from some mod, but don't like the graphic.
YunoAloe wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:28 pm
Robots don't show what they're carrying anymore.
Robots are fine now.
pyanodon wrote: https://github.com/pyanodon/pyindustry/ ... a8b953b2ae
- emissions_per_minute = 80,
+ emissions_per_minute = 30,
Is appreciated.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

I have all Py mods installed and updated and "Engine" researched but I can't make the logistics storage chests. I can make the other 5 items that that tech unlocks. I've tried running the command /c game.local_player.force.reset_technologies() but it didn't change anything. FNEI shows it as unlocked.

Thanks.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Any ideas on how to get logistics storage chests working?

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

I can't check right now but there's a lot of techs in pY that allows you to construct something but requires materials from other techs.
I recommend you use FNEI (mod) to check each component of the logistic chests and their tech requirements.
The tech icon (bottom) will be green when researched, yellow if you can research it now and red if you haven't met the conditions for that tech yet. Clicking it takes you to that tech in the technology window.

And, it will also show you what buildings are needed to construct said item.
For example, as you've probably noticed (and unless changed), you cannot craft the basic circuit boards in assemblers or automated factories.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

I have all of green science researched and can build the other logistics chests but just not the storage chest. The research screen shows where it should be unlocked and that tech is researched. I have found it under FNEI and it shows the tech needed is research and that it is hand craftable. I can't find it on the build screen by visually searching for it or using the search function. It just isn't there and it should be.

3dNorseman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 3dNorseman »

I just made an account to ask about the storage chest problem as well. I can build every other chest but not the storage chest and it's pretty much the same tech.

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

pyanodon, bioluminescene mod had a crash-causing incompatibility with pyindustry, so here's a fix for that. :)

https://github.com/pyanodon/pyindustry/pull/8

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

So, what is the correct way to give you patches in a way that doesn't just get ignored?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mithaldu wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:22 am
So, what is the correct way to give you patches in a way that doesn't just get ignored?
It wasnt ignored. Pyanodon doesnt really due the code issues and based on the time stamp your post was right around the time I got called into so I most likely saw it and forgot about it as I was busy.

Given the lack of activity in the thread it just got forgotten and went there wasnt any response or even another post in 24 hrs you should have made another little post to bump it back up and get a bit of attention.

I'm made myself a note and will look at it later today as I've been up 26hrs at this point and dont trust myself to not miss something when checking that it works as intended given I havnt looked into the void recipe code.

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Cool, thanks for the info, i'll bump if it happens again. :)

Also, thanks for looking into it when you get around to it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

added the change. it seems to be working for me as i tested it without and got the error and with the change no more error.

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Cheers, can confirm the change as applied works on my end too.

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

Thanks for the Niobium pipe update, bringing the flow rates in line with iron pipes.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

glad you liked it.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to “PyMods”