0.17.56 GPU 100% on fullscreen (RTX 2080 Ti, Win 10)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Kimchi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

0.17.56 GPU 100% on fullscreen (RTX 2080 Ti, Win 10)

Post by Kimchi »

Hello,

having an issue were the GPU randomly goes up to 100% when fullscreen, this doesn't not happen if the game isn't not full screen. I posted the file and a picture, if there is anything else i can provide let me know all drivers are up to date. No other games does this, so i think its a factorio thing.
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (3.55 KiB) Viewed 986 times
factorio-current.log
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 0.17.56 GPU 100% on fullscreen

Post by posila »

Hi, please post screenshot of the game with the following debug options: show-fps, show-time-usage, show-gpu-time-usage. (press F4 and select those options. No additional debug settings may be activated!).

Also download GPU-Z and see what power mode the GPU runs in when this happens. It's quite well possible the GPU switches to low power mode (running at low frequencies) that's too low even for Factorio.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.17.56 GPU 100% on fullscreen

Post by slippycheeze »

posila wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:51 am
Hi, please post screenshot of the game with the following debug options: show-fps, show-time-usage, show-gpu-time-usage. (press F4 and select those options. No additional debug settings may be activated!).

Also download GPU-Z and see what power mode the GPU runs in when this happens. It's quite well possible the GPU switches to low power mode (running at low frequencies) that's too low even for Factorio.
Also, that it has a PCI-e 16x connection, which I've seen commonly cause this sort of bottleneck with some-but-not-all games. (I hope you forgive my addition, posila.)

Kimchi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: 0.17.56 GPU 100% on fullscreen (RTX 2080 Ti, Win 10)

Post by Kimchi »

It seems like this is no longer a problem, a few mentions. Non-full screen game is fine.
will post again if problem happens again.

Return to “Technical Help”