The following mod script files are not identical

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Octal40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

The following mod script files are not identical

Post by Octal40 »

I'm getting this Notice error when connecting to my own server on the same machine:

Code: Select all

Notice
Cannot join. The following mod script files are not identical between you and the server:

mod-PickerPipeTools
To repro:
1. Do a clean install of Factorio 17.53
2. Connect to my server
3. Let it update my mods (Steam OR zip install (zip install is to another, separate folder from the server's))
4. Game reboots and connects but fails because server settings(?) need updating. I click "Yes*" and let it do that.
5. Game updates settings, relaunches and I can play. Yay!
6. Quit out of the server but leave the game running.
7. Try and rejoin my server via IP
8. Get the Notice message above.

Now, the fix is to go to the server's mod folder and copy and paste it over the one I have. But I have to do this... 50% of the time? It's very annoying. It's always this same mod, too. Also, if my client's version is different, shouldn't it try and resync the mod?

Octal40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: The following mod script files are not identical

Post by Octal40 »

So I changed things around so that the server is launched from my Steam install. Steam client has the

--no-log-rotation
arg applied. Now I get:

Notice
Cannot join. The following mod script files are not identical between you and the server:

level

Octal40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Octal40 »

Updated to 17.x (so whatever is latest on Steam). Server and client are running the same exe/data now. I could connect after updating... once. Now I can't connect again and it's back to PickerPipeTools with the error. IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME FILE. :/

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

This is a mod issue, By the looks of it with one of my mods. Soooooooooo I think I know why just need to time to figure out how to handle it.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I am not sure it helps, but it may have to do with a particular settings on the mod. I think I had the same error happening when I tried to duplicate some save files, and sync the mods from one of the duplicate, it would somehow download the correct version of the mod but at the time i thought it was not copying correctly the particular settings i had tweaked for the mod. I solved my problem by launching the save without the mod, saving it and reloading it with the freshly downloaded mod. I could do that because the mod in question was not adding entities or migrate content like Picker tool.

Octal40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Octal40 »

Nexela wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:33 pm
This is a mod issue, By the looks of it with one of my mods. Soooooooooo I think I know why just need to time to figure out how to handle it.
While there may be an issue with your mod, even with the mod uninstalled, I still ran into the problem and the notice said the mod "level" was at fault. So, whatever the issue is, it's likely found in multiple mods.

Octal40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Octal40 »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:42 pm
I am not sure it helps, but it may have to do with a particular settings on the mod. I think I had the same error happening when I tried to duplicate some save files, and sync the mods from one of the duplicate, it would somehow download the correct version of the mod but at the time i thought it was not copying correctly the particular settings i had tweaked for the mod. I solved my problem by launching the save without the mod, saving it and reloading it with the freshly downloaded mod. I could do that because the mod in question was not adding entities or migrate content like Picker tool.
I thought it might be something like that, but running the server and client out of the same install has the same issue and those files are literally the same between client/server. My guess is that the Notice message isn't fully accurate (there's an issue, but not that the files are actually different).

Octal40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Octal40 »

BTW, this is solved IF:
  1. I launch the client first
  2. Then I launch the server
  3. Then I connect the client to the server. I haven't tried connecting a 2nd client yet.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The error message is 100% accurate. The most common problem with this is broken mods conditionally requiring stuff based off mod settings. I think I can detect at least partially when it happens to improve the error message.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”