[0.17.54] Extra items when assembler/furnace have high speed and productivity bonus at the same time.

Things that has been reported already before.
Krastor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.54] Extra items when assembler/furnace have high speed and productivity bonus at the same time.

Post by Krastor »

This is a pretty old bug. This can be watching only with mods that add new modules, or buildings with a high production speed. The bug is that if a assembler/furnace receives a high speed and productivity bonus at the same time, the assembler/furnace begins to create additional items. For the demonstration, I made video and test map.
To reproduce the problem you need any mod with modules and/or beacons. I used "Advanced Modules" mod.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.54] Extra items when assembler/furnace have high speed and productivity bonus at the same time.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is a known "quirk" when a mod pushes the speed of a recipe beyond 100% and I don't intend on changing how it works because it will have negative performance implications in the base game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.54] Extra items when assembler/furnace have high speed and productivity bonus at the same time.

Post by mrvn »

Shouldn't that simply be the analog to:

speed = min(speed, 60)

That wouldn't even have to computed every tick. Only when the module/beacon configuration or recipe changes you could update the speed bonus the assembler/furnaces gains to be capped at 60 cycles per second. As that happens rarely I don't see how it would have performance implications.

Return to “Duplicates”