Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by pyanodon »

sunfanel wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:55 am
May I suggest the removal or at least very severe reduction of Organic Solvent required (say, 10 per cycle down from 75) in the recipe to turn Bitumen Froth into Bitumen?

Given that Oil Sand can only be turned into something useful by reaching the end of its chain where it's turned into bitumen, and given that bitumen can also be obtained from Lubricant recipes that are much cheaper overall, the requirement for such a high amount of organic solvent per bitumen makes the oil sand chain very undesirable to use.

Alternatively, given that IRL bitumen is separated from water and solids using naphtha and paraffin, how about changing OS to naphtha? I would say 7 or 14naphtha, so that using the existing chains you could do 100 Bitumen(+200 Water, 1 Chromium)->100 Heavy Oil->70 Naphtha->100 Froth+7/14 Naphtha->100 Bitumen, meaning 10 or 20% of the bitumen output is used to sustain the chain.
good. shall happens
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:26 pm
sunfanel wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:55 am
May I suggest the removal or at least very severe reduction of Organic Solvent required (say, 10 per cycle down from 75) in the recipe to turn Bitumen Froth into Bitumen?

Given that Oil Sand can only be turned into something useful by reaching the end of its chain where it's turned into bitumen, and given that bitumen can also be obtained from Lubricant recipes that are much cheaper overall, the requirement for such a high amount of organic solvent per bitumen makes the oil sand chain very undesirable to use.

Alternatively, given that IRL bitumen is separated from water and solids using naphtha and paraffin, how about changing OS to naphtha? I would say 7 or 14naphtha, so that using the existing chains you could do 100 Bitumen(+200 Water, 1 Chromium)->100 Heavy Oil->70 Naphtha->100 Froth+7/14 Naphtha->100 Bitumen, meaning 10 or 20% of the bitumen output is used to sustain the chain.
good. shall happens
SEE I Wasn't THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINING ABOUT OIL SAND

sunfanel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sunfanel »

I would also like to report two minor bugs:
1)All derricks pause for something like a tenth of a second when they finish a cycle, whether it's a normal cycle or a productivity cycle. This gets worse the faster the derrick is, and the output of a single derrick is effectively capped to about 6 cycles per second (I measured 16 seconds to get 10k oil and 33 seconds to get 20k oil with a derrick whose stated output should be higher than 50k per second). Not that it really affects the real game much, I just noticed the animation stopped for a split second and used a massive amount of cheats to investigate :lol: Regular output is adversely effected for like less than 10% of its stated output of 1 cycle/second
2)Some of the Power House recipes give an output Combustion Mixture whose temperature is different from the one stated in the recipe:
  • Benzene recipe states output is 750°, actual output is 520°
  • Aromatics Recipe states output is 670°, actual is 520°
  • Fuel Oil recipe states output is 670, actual is 800°
  • One recipe says it converts Crude Oil to Combustion Mixture, actual recipe requires Lubricant, stated temperature output is correct though

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

sunfanel wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:42 am
I would also like to report two minor bugs:
1)All derricks pause for something like a tenth of a second when they finish a cycle, whether it's a normal cycle or a productivity cycle. This gets worse the faster the derrick is, and the output of a single derrick is effectively capped to about 6 cycles per second (I measured 16 seconds to get 10k oil and 33 seconds to get 20k oil with a derrick whose stated output should be higher than 50k per second). Not that it really affects the real game much, I just noticed the animation stopped for a split second and used a massive amount of cheats to investigate :lol: Regular output is adversely effected for like less than 10% of its stated output of 1 cycle/second
2)Some of the Power House recipes give an output Combustion Mixture whose temperature is different from the one stated in the recipe:
  • Benzene recipe states output is 750°, actual output is 520°
  • Aromatics Recipe states output is 670°, actual is 520°
  • Fuel Oil recipe states output is 670, actual is 800°
  • One recipe says it converts Crude Oil to Combustion Mixture, actual recipe requires Lubricant, stated temperature output is correct though
2) because they were nerfed and py forgot to change the locale folder

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

it was fixed long time ago, but people dont update their mods before file a bug report.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

hey i just got this error when starting factorio

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

Thoroughly enjoying these mods. This morning I ran into an issue loading Factorio that seems to be related to pY Petroleum Handling. I got the error on .17.51, but all is well with with .17.50. Let me know if I can provide any other helpful information.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg (94.4 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

I've just been alerted on discord looks like a change in 17.51 broke it. I'll look into the issue asap

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

Just received news from kingarthur that all is good. I have tried it and it works.

Bilka has refered us to this thread where the change is announced for all modders.

Irsmert
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Irsmert »

Little confused, is there something I can download (or a small code change I can make) to fix it? I am facing the exact same issue.

Pycoalprocessing 1.2.8
PyCoalTBaA 0.0.53
Pyfusionenergy 1.2.5
Pyhightech 1.2.3
Pyindustry 1.2.6
Pypetroleumhandling 1.1.8
Pyrawores 1.4.3

I don't always update due to slow internet, as far as I can tell from published changelogs there's no publicly available fix yet? Would rather not rollback factiorio version due to slow internet if possible. Thanks!

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Irsmert wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:06 pm
Little confused, is there something I can download (or a small code change I can make) to fix it? I am facing the exact same issue.

Pycoalprocessing 1.2.8
PyCoalTBaA 0.0.53
Pyfusionenergy 1.2.5
Pyhightech 1.2.3
Pyindustry 1.2.6
Pypetroleumhandling 1.1.8
Pyrawores 1.4.3

I don't always update due to slow internet, as far as I can tell from published changelogs there's no publicly available fix yet? Would rather not rollback factiorio version due to slow internet if possible. Thanks!
I got my map running in 17.52 only by rolling back to 17.50, updating the mods (which breaks them under 17.50) and then updating factorio again. Updating factorio should take much less download time than updating Py will.

If rolling back is really such a big deal then you can manually install the updated mods from the mod webpage.

Corvenus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corvenus »

rather more of a side issue but would it be possible to have some order to the icons in the petroleum handling tab, maybe each product on its own line, at the moment they don't seem to have any sort of order to them and so it can be hard to see what the actual chains are if all your going from is the icons in the game

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Corvenus wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:52 pm
rather more of a side issue but would it be possible to have some order to the icons in the petroleum handling tab, maybe each product on its own line, at the moment they don't seem to have any sort of order to them and so it can be hard to see what the actual chains are if all your going from is the icons in the game
use fnei or hellmod and they are preatty ordered to me

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:40 pm
Corvenus wrote:
Not a big deal for PH so much, but right now FNEI and Helmod are screwed up with random recipes (they round numbers up to the nearest integer), so you do wind up having to dig around in the crafting menu in order to get information. This matters a lot in RO.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blokus wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:55 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Corvenus wrote:
Not a big deal for PH so much, but right now FNEI and Helmod are screwed up with random recipes (they round numbers up to the nearest integer), so you do wind up having to dig around in the crafting menu in order to get information. This matters a lot in RO.
there are settings for that

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:57 pm
Blokus wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Corvenus wrote:
Explain? The "show actual percentages of recipes" setting in FNEI does not work. And I don't see any counterpart to that setting in Helmod at all (though I have "helmod-optimized").

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blokus wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:44 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Blokus wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Corvenus wrote:
Explain? The "show actual percentages of recipes" setting in FNEI does not work. And I don't see any counterpart to that setting in Helmod at all (though I have "helmod-optimized").
i have classic hell mod i i set it to display with 2 digit so like 1.55 assemblers needed

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 pm
Blokus wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:44 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Blokus wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:

i have classic hell mod i i set it to display with 2 digit so like 1.55 assemblers needed
That is not what I mean. I mean a recipe like, say, vanilla uranium processing shows as returning 1 U-235 and 1 U-238, not 0.007 and 0.993 as it should. On my save both FNEI and Helmod do this.

Verhofin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Verhofin »

Hello,

Question about tar extractor, MK1 says it mines at 1/s, so by my understanding a pit with 58% wield would give 0.58/s but it states 5.8/s, is it factorio that is wrong or is it a mod thing?

Some other mines from PY's also state a production different from what they really produce, will post on the relevant tread after i check their real wields.

Thanks in advance

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

Is there any information anywhere about the Oil Burner? Like, is it used to generate power or just steam? If power, why doesn't it show up in the power production stats? If steam, how much?

Thanks!

Return to “PyMods”