Peace with Aliens

Give feedback on topics proposed by the developers.
Ranger_Aurelien
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Peace with Aliens

Post by Ranger_Aurelien » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:50 pm

zOldBulldog wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:54 am
Even without any of the above, you can launch a rocket without ever fighting an alien if you build small and use No Expansion, max the Starting Area size, and max the deposit richness settings. These kinds of settings are typically used by people attempting the No Spoon achievement.
Try Island 75% size or so, and you can have peace with aliens on otherwise default settings -- you and they can start on separate islands!
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

azizmandar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Peace with Aliens

Post by azizmandar » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Normally when a game had pollution it means you need to manage it. It took weeks for me to realize that reducing pollution really only impacted how often you get attacked and how fast the enemy changes.

Having a path that encourages eco friendly play would likely become the path most new players take at first. I could see it being a tricky and achievement worthy goal since the less pollution solutions tend to need more space (like solar) and natives don't tend to like being asked to move.

If you do add something like this I'd really enjoy trying it out.. but I'm not sure if it will replace the way I play the most.

Return to “Development Proposals”