[kovarex] [0.17.50] Zombie-Train after removing the last planned stop

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
SuperTux88
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.50] Zombie-Train after removing the last planned stop

Post by SuperTux88 »

When you delete the last planned stop of a currently driving train, the train becomes a zombie-train and drives until the fuel is empty. A "planned stop" can be a station with a wait-condition, or a temporary target, which has a wait condition too, but a station without a waiting condition doesn't work because the train doesn't plan to brake there. The train needs to be driving (accelerating or at full speed) and not braking for something already. If there is a signal that causes the train to be already braking, or if the planned stop is already near enough, so it's already braking for it, the bug doesn't happen anymore (if the train is already braking it just rolls out after you delete the stop).

If the train is in zombie-mode, the train ignores everything (signals, other trains, ...) and just drives until the fuel is empty. If you enable "show-train-braking-distance" debug option, the red braking-dot disappears if the train is in zombie-mode.

I would expect that the train just rolls out (as if you switch from automatic to manual mode) if there is no next stop anymore.

This bug was already mentioned here, but I added a few more details to reproduce it. I attached a save-file where the train is already in zombie-mode.
Attachments
broken_train.zip
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 118 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.50] Zombie-Train after removing the last planned stop

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next version now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”