4 Lane Modular Rail System

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

4 Lane Modular Rail System

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi Factorio Lovers and PastaBox Fan!

Building megabases, i came into making modifications for my needs into a very good BP book to create my own. It keeps the same spirit, some friends were interested about having it (and apparently some forum user too) :

BP book : https://pastebin.com/8HF5H5bt

Compare to the starting bp book, my modifications are
1)"swap lines", each junction allow my trains to swap lines, no need to make swap beetween junction, it easiest for me to set up the network. Keep it simple
2) the signaling is more "free" because things are never totally straight all time. I always keep my maximum train lenght beetween 2 junction for my BP. The straight line got a 6 car lenght beetween2 signal, you can change it depending your set up.

Railroad network Screenshot
I begin to build my 4 lane network directly when i begin to harvest oil : when 2 lane can make the job, i prefer 4 lane so i can stop my personnal trains everywhere without be worried about making a traffic jam = 2 lane for prod + 2 lane for personnal matters. There is no such thing as overkill in factorio (most of the time after a second thought)

There is parking lines to build stackers, a chain signal got to be use/add at the entrance of a stacker.

The initial BP book without my modifications can be found here : https://gist.github.com/HactarCE/bc85d8 ... d471cd50b1

Feel free to share what you think or any suggestion to improve it!

Thank you to the creator of the first MRS BP book to give lot of stuff and ideas to work with and thank to the staff for this awesome game!
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Return to “Railway Setups”